Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenny.

20mg of Accutane

my derm told me that since i weigh 100lbs, the dosage i should be on is 40 mg. but to start off she prescribed half that - 20mg for a month.

does this seem right? i've been reading a lot of accutane logs on here and i can't seem to find anyone taking 20mg......

hey, im on 20 as well and im 180 pounds, but its just to start, he'll bump it up next time.

how long have you been taking it? any adverse side effects so far? the dreaded ib??

i will start taking mine tonight so i am little worried...

i started on 20mg for 2 months then went to 40mg for 5 months its ok...20mg i saw results in a week

from 40+ cyst and nodules to literally less than 10

i started on 20mg for 2 months then went to 40mg for 5 months its ok...20mg i saw results in a week

I did 20 mg day for 10 months cause I couldn't tolerate anything stronger....I had zero effects except dry lips.

I did 20 mg day for 10 months cause I couldn't tolerate anything stronger....I had zero effects except dry lips.

did you have any initial breakout???

I am on 40mgs a day and I weigh 120 lbs. I broker out in the second week really bad. I can't remember the last time my face was so red and there were huge cysts on my face. But, I guess that's not really considered low dose. I have read of good results with the 20mgs., longer duration.

i'm about 150 lbs and i started on 30 mg for the first 3 months, my derm just dropped me to 20 mg, because of my joint pain. had no real IB, but my acne was pretty mild to begin with

I am on 30mg (see earlier post) and I didn't get an initial breakout. But I was on other meds at the same time so that might have helped...

I am on 30mg (see earlier post) and I didn't get an initial breakout. But I was on other meds at the same time so that might have helped...

what other meds were you on?

I've been on Accutane for five days now, 30mg per day, no breakouts at all yet, in fact, I've yet to get another pimple and the ones that were there before starting are going away! I don't know how fast it's supposed to work either, I have mild yet persistant cystic and non cystic acne mostly on my chin and around my mouth. Still a bit oily but all in all it seems to be working. Normally I'd just keep getting new ones every day. Good Luck

am also on 20 mg tane and wiegh 52-55kg and just finished my first month today and am having realy bad breakouts mostly red pimpls that turn to be at the end a white head. and am not convinced about 20 mg tane.

Im on erythromycin as well to help out with the IB 1600mgs a day (no lie), i cant tell if its workng cos i still breakout bad, but i dont no if it would be worse if i wasnt on the eryth.

I'm on my 18th day of 20 mgs a day. I didn't have an initial breakout but it hasn't really gotten any better yet. I'm guessing it will just take a lot more time to see results. My derm said he might bump me up to 30 or 40 depending on how I do...