Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaleidoscope

Glycolic acid peels.

Thank you. Does anyone know if I can start with a 40% solution? I've had several glycolic peels before... probably with up to 50% glycolic acid... but I haven't had any in a couple of years.

my doc is giving me one of those in about a week. What does it do exactly? how many do you need to get results? how often can u do them? thanks

Thank you. Does anyone know if I can start with a 40% solution? I've had several glycolic peels before... probably with up to 50% glycolic acid... but I haven't had any in a couple of years.

No problem! Personally I would start with the 30% even though you have previously had higher. This is because although your skin did have a stronger acid a while back, as you said it was a couple of years ago, so your skin will not be used to it anymore.

my doc is giving me one of those in about a week. What does it do exactly? how many do you need to get results? how often can u do them? thanks

Glycolic acid is a mild chemical solution that removes dead surface cells from the top layer of skin. This means that after the first peel, you will find your skin feeling very soft and smooth. Different people see results after different numbers of peels, but around 3-4 is when you should start to notice your marks fading more. I personally used to do a peel once a week.