Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was looking into Accutane, and I wanted to know how people afford $300 a month to pay for it ?. I hear some people have drug plans that cover it, but how would you go about getting something along those lines. I have benefits where I work right now, but it doesn't cover acne medication. Any ideas where you can get it cheap. By the way Im in Ontario Canada.

have you looked into the generic forms of accutane? although they are still quite expensive, they aren't quite as steep as "Accutane" is.

I was looking into Accutane, and I wanted to know how people afford $300 a month to pay for it ?. I hear some people have drug plans that cover it, but how would you go about getting something along those lines. I have benefits where I work right now, but it doesn't cover acne medication. Any ideas where you can get it cheap. By the way Im in Ontario Canada.

I got help through an indigent program that Roche had to help those with no insurance and no funds to cover drug but I just learned from someone here that this program ended in July 2005. Are there any programs like that in Canada? And I still might try going to Roche's site, they may have suggestions or know of stuff in Canada. Best of luck!

Insurance. Plus, I was on a generic. Prescriptions for one month totaled $3 USD for me. Blood work/dr visits were completely free of charge.

Insurance. Plus, I was on a generic. Prescriptions for one month totaled $3 USD for me. Blood work/dr visits were completely free of charge.

Im gonna have to go and see my doctor about it then. Thanks for the information guys, this site is valuable. I don't have super serious acne, but about every 2 months I get a cyst on my cheek or something....and I drives me up the wall, like the one I have right now. Im just hoping the accutane will eliminate all Acne for me. Thanks people. I will check with my doctor. I just feel kinda embarressed going to my boss and asking if Accutane is covered by our benefits program :-/.

My treatment was well over $1000 a month with the medicine, monthly visit, and bloodwork. My jobs health coverage paid 100%

My treatment was well over $1000 a month with the medicine, monthly visit, and bloodwork. My jobs health coverage paid 100%

See thats crazy. I still gotta see my doctor about it, but it's not looking good. Like laser eye surgury I think it's considered "cosmetic" so it doesn't get covered :-(.

I paid it out of my pocket. $200-$300/month for 6 months in Canada. Sucks, but what can you do? i wrote it off on my taxes the next year...it's only money. Your skin is forever...

See thats crazy. I still gotta see my doctor about it, but it's not looking good. Like laser eye surgury I think it's considered "cosmetic" so it doesn't get covered :-(.

How can something that requires accutane be considered cosmetic?

How can something that requires accutane be considered cosmetic?

I have no idea, but I think it is. I will let everyone know when I see my doctor next week. Thanks for the answers and support people.