Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No news is good news. I am so glad life is good for you after tane!! :D Get ready, I will be done shortly and I am sure I will be full of questions for you as I transition over to my post tane life ;)

Take care,

Angela

Week #10

Another week has passed without incident. Post-Tane life is good so far. I spent three days in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. It was hot, sunny, and the fishing was great. No skin problems at all. I've never mentioned this before, but I think that my fingernails are softer since Accutane. I seem to bend and break them more than usual. I keep them trimmed short, but I still have problems with them being fragile.

I think the oil on my face and particularly my nose may have increased slightly in the past week, but it's still manageable.

Sorry this isn't more exciting, but I'm really not looking for excitement! I want very uneventful skin. :)

P&W

good luck post im 20 weeks post about oil came back but not with the same severity

plus Im getting like 1 or 2 spots but nothing like before

good luck again

Howdy P & W

So glad the treatment is working for you. Also nice

to see someone who is closer to my age.

Dont forget your sunscreen out on the boundry ;-)

I'm having a hard time finding sunscree that wont

irritate my skin so I have retreated from the sun...

I miss mother nature.

Uneventful is very good!

Take care!

Howdy P & W

So glad the treatment is working for you. Also nice

to see someone who is closer to my age.

Dont forget your sunscreen out on the boundry ;-)

I'm having a hard time finding sunscree that wont

irritate my skin so I have retreated from the sun...

I miss mother nature.

Uneventful is very good!

Take care!

Yes, us older folks have to stick together!

I remembered my sunscreen in the BWCA - it was hot and sunny. On the first day, I had a bit of a red nose. I think I probably sweated the sunscreen off. Other than that, I was fine. I caught lots of fish, but the highlight of my trip was seeing a mother loon go to the bottom of the lake, come up with a crayfish in her beak, and feed it to her baby. We were about 3 feet away when it happened. I wish I would have had my camera out!

Thanks for visiting!

Hi P&W, congrats on all your Accutane success! It sounds like post-tane you might just get the occasional pimple now and then right? I'm thinking about investing in one of those Zeno zit zapper things which are $225 (less if you get one on eBay). Do you think that your skin is strong enough now to start using that? I'm scared to try it while I'm still mid-course but maybe afterwards?

I see my favorite fellow Accutaner is doing awesome. I am glad to hear it P&W. As of tomorrow I will have 4 days left on my adventure, I am so excited. Summer here I come!! I live in S Fla for the sunshine and the last 5 months have been tough!! How do you avoid the sun??? You just can't, I have patches of eczema on my left arm to prove it (you know, the arm that sticks out the window when driving). So far, accutane has done wonders for my skin so here I go on part two....the post accutane phase. I hope I have the success that you are experiencing P&W.

Luv ya!

Ang

Thanks Heather and Angel for stopping in!

Week #11

It's hard to believe that I'm almost three months post-tane, but it's true!

This week was another uneventful one. I do feel a sore spot in my scalp, which may be a small pimple, but no big deal. The oil in my face may be increasing slightly, particularly when I wake up in the morning - my nose is pretty greasy. Through the day, though, it's very manageable.

Do you know how when your skin is a problem, you look in so many mirrors? And when you return to that same mirror, you can remember how you looked, even if it was a long time ago? (OK - maybe I'm the only one who can relate!) Anyway, I was at a bathroom mirror yesterday that I hadn't visited for about two years. The last time I was there, I had some nasty cysts and red marks. I looked in it yesterday with those memories in my mind, and my face was clear, clear, clear! That was really satisfying!

OK, enough psychoanalysis. Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

P&W

HI P/W

speaking of psych, I sometimes remember or imagine

my face looking broken out right before I look into a

mirror, then it seems much better than what I imagined

and I feel good. Dr. Freud would probably put me away

but it works! I suppose perpective is the only reality.

So nice to hear you are doing well and there is life

after Tane.

It's been so hot here in the Mid-West my skin has

been reacting to it...ugh

The skin scratches/injuries are annoying. For me, they

are cyclic, about once a month my skin seems

to be ultrasensitive and prone to injury, then

it calms down again until the next month.

I hope you continue to do well. Are you still

following up with your derm or is it on an "as needed"

basis?

It's good to know I'm not the only one who needs skin-issue psychotherapy! :D

I'm done seeing the derm, hopefully for life! I'll only go back if I need an injection or if I think I need another Accutane course. I'm on Retin-A, so I suppose I'll need to get my script renewed in a year, which may require a visit to the derm, I don't know.

Thanks for the note!

P&W

Week #12

Post-Tane week #12 has ended with no serious incidents. My face is completely clear and there are no changes in my skin/oil/etc. In the past two days I have developed two medium sizes sore pimples in my scalp. These feel like the deepest, largest pimples I've had in quite some time, but they are fortunately covered by hair! Perhaps this means that the Retin-A Micro is helping since my face is very clear.

The best event of this week was a short camping trip on the North Shore of Lake Superior (the largest fress water lake in the world). If you've never been there, you absolutely must make a visit (I grew up in that area). Monday night was a full moon, and I watched the moon rise over a still lake on an uninhabited beach. It was spectacular, breath-taking, renewing, and inspiring!!! :):)

We also saw a peregrine falcon nest while canoeing on Lake Superior. They like to nest on cliffs, and this one was probably 75 feet above the water.

Thanks for reading!

P&W

That's awesome to hear everything is going so well P&W. I hope my results are as good as yours. How often do you use the Retin-A? Did you suggest it or your derm? Did you experience an initial breakout/adjustment when you switched to it? Take care.

Hi P&W. Happy to hear things are going well post tane. It kinda funny, I've found I'm reading the post tane logs with as much interest now as I was reading the tane logs in the begining of my treatment. That made sense right?? :lol: Watching the moon rise over the Lake sounds very peaceful. I'm a little envious! (ok.... alot) ;)

Cardinal,

I apply RAM every night and it was my derm's advice. It seems to be a pretty standard maintenance program for post-Taners. No, I didn't have an IB from the RAM, and I've been using it for about 10 weeks now. I think the IB is a non-issue becaue the Accutane has cleared all the pores already.

Jules,

I'm glad the post-Tane log is helping you - that keeps me motivated!! :dance:

P&W

Heather,

Isn't that the great thing about acne.org? You can learn from other peoples' experiences and understand that your derm is not infallible. There have been a number of times I've informed my derm about something I've learned here and she said "Is that right?" It's great when they are humble enough to listen to you! You can have more control over how you are treated and actually sometimes know more than your derm!

P&W

P&W you're right because I told my derm all about Dr. Dan's Cortibalm and she was excited. I showed her the tube and she wrote everything down. She couldn't believe that my lips have been moist and crack-free for almost a month now!

martin - thanks for visiting! I'm sure your results will be at least as good!

Heather - we have to keep educating those derms. What do they teach them in medical school, anyway?

Week #13

Lucky week #13 has come and gone without incident. I have a few small pimples nestled away in my scalp as a quiet reminder that I am wise to continue my Retin-A maintenance. My chin is peeling a little from the Retin-A, which I think is good - tells me that it's doing something. When I did Differin pre-Tane, it never showed any signs of doing anything!

Happily, my face is 100% clear after three full months of NO TANE!!!

I start work today (I'm a teacher) and classes in a week and a half. It's been a great summer, but now it's time to start being responsible again (drat!).

Thanks for stopping by and best wishes to all of you!

P&W

Yay for P&W! That's awesome news man, and I can't wait to get off of my course.

I also get the scalp problems too... I hate it, but I'm trying out some new Head & Shoulders shampoo and it's supposed to work fairly well.

Good luck to you man, and keep us updated!

Cheers!

Wow, you really have had great results. I am so pleased by it. I hope I stay on the track that I am on as well. I must say, I envy all the great nature experiences that you have...I think I want to visit MN. :)

Keep posting,

Angela

Hi P&W

You get an awesome result with a not so painfull journey.. CHEERS..

So you've been > 3 month post tane and doing just fine...

Congrats..

Is Retin-A is the same with Differin?

My derm gave me differin for me to try as maintenance after I stopped Accutane.

I hope it is as effective as your Retin-A.. :).

Have a good day ..

Corrine

Hey P&W,

Back to work huh?

Don't forget to pop in here now and again and let us all know how you are doing.............

Hello everyone and thanks for visiting!

charchar - the scalp breakouts don't bother me except that the remind me that my face could be next! I'll try the Head and Shoulders. Is it a special kind or just the regular dandruff shampoo?

Angel - Yes, MN is God's country! If you ever need any advice on what to see, just let me know!

corrine - Differin and Retin-A are both topical retinoids. I've been told that Retin-A can be more harsh but my derm also thinks it's more effective. I've tried both and I like Retin-A Micro better.

Brandy - yes, I've been to busy and hope to be back more regularly when the rush is over! I plan to update my log with my weekly report on Thursday!

P&W