Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothbig

Switch from other BP to Dans BP

I previously used benzac ac gel 2.5% and since have switched to dans bp when it arrived.

have been on dans gel for about a week now and i noticed ive broken out, as far as i can see theres not much difference between the two except dans gel is lighter in colour and not as irritating, otherwise the same thing.

anyone else go through the same thing?

I wash with cetaphil cleanser, wait 10 minutes

apply bp wait 10 mins

apply moisturiser

morning and night.

i do apply more bp at night than mornings cos i dont have enough time.

anytime you change facial products, there is potential to have your skin react to the adjustment. Usually this resolves within a week or so.

Hang in there and see if your skin will settle down and clear back up.

When I first switched to Dan's gel I had a small breakout, however, I'm very glad I stayed with it as it cleared up quickly and becuase CSR gel is so much less irritating then other BP's! :)

how long did ur small breakout last?

im pretty sure im over a week on dans gel now but still seems to be breaking out more often than not

im pretty sure im over a week on dans gel now but still seems to be breaking out more often than not

I broke out too, not small though, I got big cysts. I stopped using it after about 3 weeks, cos I couldn't take the pain of the cysts anymore. :(

Ive just switched to Dans gel from Panoxyl about 3 days ago, and I have a large cyst forming on my chin. Other than that there isn't much difference, apart from the fact Dan's gel doesn't make me flake, or make my skin tight and dry at all.

Ive just switched to Dans gel from Panoxyl about 3 days ago, and I have a large cyst forming on my chin. Other than that there isn't much difference, apart from the fact Dan's gel doesn't make me flake, or make my skin tight and dry at all.

I switched 4 days ago and have broken out around my nose...

was using oxy 10%

Probably about a week or just over, but try not to worry because everyones skin is different. I would stick with it for a few more weeks and if this is still happening them switch back as your skin could possibly not liking an ingredient of Dan's gel and reacting badly to it or something :)

ok, not only do I have 2 cysts on my chin, now I have about 5-6 new spots. i haven't broken out like this for a while when I was using the panoxyl, so now im worried! I just hope this is normal... :(

ok, not only do I have 2 cysts on my chin, now I have about 5-6 new spots. i haven't broken out like this for a while when I was using the panoxyl, so now im worried! I just hope this is normal... :(

I was using PanOxyl Aquagel 2.5 and switched about 4 days ago to Dan's GP. The PanOxyl seemed to be working pretty good apart from redness. Now I've broken out bad and I also seem to have like red/bumpy patches on my skin. I was losing it and getting stressed because Dan's GP doesn't seem to be working. This thread may give me hope though.

real maverick - yeah but i'm with the weird regimen that leaves benzac wash overnight. :( i don't want to change because of the breakout. but i'm afraid i'm harming my skin because of leaving benzac overnight. but hell it works so well!!!

HEY I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THIS POST. IVE BEEN ON DANS REGIMEN FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS NOW AND AT THE BEGINNING BEFORE DANS PRODUCTS ARRIVED I USEED CETAPHIL CLEANSER, NEUTROGENA ON THE SPOT, AND CETAPHIL MOIST. FROM THERE I SAW SOME IMPROVEMENTS IN THE BEGINNING. THEN ABOUT 5 DAYS AFTER I STARTED TO USE DANS PRODUCT. I DID NOTICED THAT I BROKE OUT MORE AND WAS ACTUALLY WORSE. HOPEFULLY THIS WAS DUE TO THE SWITCHING OF THE PRODUCT AND GETS BETTER FOR THE WEEKS TO COME. FOR THOSE WHO SWITCHED AND DID BREAKOUT, HOW ARE U GUYS DOING NOW WITH THE REGIMEN?

by breakout do you guys mean... LOTSA LOTSA INFLAMED PIMPLES. or 1 or 2 pimples?

i have a question... does following a paleo diet decrease the possibility of having a breakout from changing bp products?

wow! that's a good post and encouraged me to switch haha. mandy, what BP were you using before using dan's bp?

Guys, i switched from Panoxyl 2.5% to Dans gel. I used panoxyl for about 3 years and it kept me about 90% clear most of the time but thought dans might gain me the extra 10 % to keep me fully clear. Unfortunately i broke out awfully on my forehead. I used dans gel for 3 months and it never got better. Now i a have quit bp and i am struggling big time after 3 months off it. I guess i was allergic to something in Dans gel or something :(