Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chitownqt

For all of u with chapped lips woes..

My lips have been so darn chapped since starting accutane, they were cracked in the corners, bleeding, extremely flakey. Sometimes, I couldnt even open my mouth wide enough to eat! Numerous times, my coworkers actually stopped me and asked me what the hell was going on w/ my lips! Very humiliating, to say the least! :redface: I tried EVERY lip balm out there, some were OK (like aquafor), some made my lips worse (like carmex). Well, I stumbled upon one that has completely, 100% healed my lips within 2 days. Its called Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy lip balm. I apply it throughout the day and slather it on @ night...2 days later....my lips have returned to their pre-accutane condition....if not better. If u dont mind a funny taste & slight shine.....try this! I'm sooooo excited!! I had to share this w/ u guys!

BTW. Aveeno makes 2 lips balms. Ive tried the other one, and it was OK. If anyone goes out to look for the one Im talking about, make sure u get the INTENSE RELIEF one, its the one w/ the navy blue accents, not the green.

The best thing you can buy is blistex herbal answer. I've tried everything too and i was on high dosage 90mg per day of tane... Aquaphor didnt do shit for me, any other blistex medication wasn't hydrating enough and none of them actually healed my skin. Once i put blistex herbal answer (its a green stick) .. everything was sooo good. It's completely natural, pretty thick and doesnt leave those white marks around u r lips. Finding this was like a gift from god after all my suffering.

My lips have been so darn chapped since starting accutane, they were cracked in the corners, bleeding, extremely flakey. Sometimes, I couldnt even open my mouth wide enough to eat! Numerous times, my coworkers actually stopped me and asked me what the hell was going on w/ my lips! Very humiliating, to say the least! :redface: I tried EVERY lip balm out there, some were OK (like aquafor), some made my lips worse (like carmex). Well, I stumbled upon one that has completely, 100% healed my lips within 2 days. Its called Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy lip balm. I apply it throughout the day and slather it on @ night...2 days later....my lips have returned to their pre-accutane condition....if not better. If u dont mind a funny taste & slight shine.....try this! I'm sooooo excited!! I had to share this w/ u guys!

BTW. Aveeno makes 2 lips balms. Ive tried the other one, and it was OK. If anyone goes out to look for the one Im talking about, make sure u get the INTENSE RELIEF one, its the one w/ the navy blue accents, not the green.

I've used the lip balm you are talking about but Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm is where its at.

I find burts bees too waxy, never cleared up the flakes....but hey, what works 4 one doesnt work 4 all I guess. Im just excited that Ive found somethig that works like magic for me.

Ac3 - I remember you posting that a while back and I looked EVERYWHERE 4 that stuff, never found it, where did u get it??

Vaseline lip therapy does the job perfectly for me. Just make sure you keep it applied on your lips for a whole day and your lips will be perfect.

Vaseline lip therapy does the job perfectly for me. Just make sure you keep it applied on your lips for a whole day and your lips will be perfect.

AQUAPHOR is perfect for me after trying every lipbalm under the sun!!

AQUAPHOR is perfect for me after trying every lipbalm under the sun!!

Same with me. The only thing that works at all for me is Aquafor...

the "perfect lip balm" depends on the person, so really it comes down to testing and trying different ones out to see which one works for you.

In utter frustration, I popped open a vit E capsule the other night and slathered it on (girls, it looks pretty hot, too), went to bed and woke up very very soft

:D I do that, too. Every night. Then, all throught the day, I use Burts Bees to exfoliate and then use Soft Lips in Peach over it for the softness.