Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
e-lina

MAC Cosmetics Vs. Bare Escentuals

Hello members,

I'm new and I've come here to seek some insightful feedback and advice!

I've been using BE for approximately 2 years and like many others, agreed that it is not worth $26 per tub. I wear heavy makeup everyday due to my scars and blemishes and it doesn't give enough coverage. A friend of mine suggested Studio Fix from MAC and she told me it was "amazing" but the difference is that she has flawless skin. Has anyone tried both brands? If so, which is better for oily skin? Which gives better coverage for scars? I would greatly appreciate responses!

Thanks,

Lina

ive used both.. BE really did NOTHING for me, made me have a weird sheen on my face, kind of orange.. sometimes i put it on top of MAC but i really didnt like it.. i could definetly NEVER wear it alone -didnt cover shit!

at one point MAC was my PERFECT foundation... heres an upclose pic of me in the summer (when my skin was best - i came back from vacation in Cuba) and MAC was covered pretty muhc perfectly then - it doenst now, im super oily and its not just not covering like it did

i would say this is a fair pic of what MAC Looked like on me (then) in real life - in other pictures i have from the summer my skin looks COMPLETELY perfect..

since this is soo up close you can see a bit of oily ness (nothing like what i have to deal with now,) and somewhat big pores

sorry for the retarded face in the pictiure!

ive used both.. BE really did NOTHING for me, made me have a weird sheen on my face, kind of orange.. sometimes i put it on top of MAC but i really didnt like it.. i could definetly NEVER wear it alone -didnt cover shit!

at one point MAC was my PERFECT foundation... heres an upclose pic of me in the summer (when my skin was best - i came back from vacation in Cuba) and MAC was covered pretty muhc perfectly then - it doenst now, im super oily and its not just not covering like it did

i would say this is a fair pic of what MAC Looked like on me (then) in real life - in other pictures i have from the summer my skin looks COMPLETELY perfect..

since this is soo up close you can see a bit of oily ness (nothing like what i have to deal with now,) and somewhat big pores

sorry for the retarded face in the pictiure!

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, BE looks great where I don't break out but it's barely covering up the spots that need to be. I think I'm leaning towards MAC now... thanks so much!

P.S. Love the retarded face love! ;)

oh one thing about mac tho.. when i first got it i DID break out.. little tiny pimples, not red, it was like lots of little bumps.. i kept using it though and it stopped happening.

keep in mind, that pic was when my skin was best, before that trip, and a fewm onths after, MAC didnt cover me like it did then... i'll try to find some pix for you, but im not sure if i ahve any!

oh one thing about mac tho.. when i first got it i DID break out.. little tiny pimples, not red, it was like lots of little bumps.. i kept using it though and it stopped happening.

keep in mind, that pic was when my skin was best, before that trip, and a fewm onths after, MAC didnt cover me like it did then... i'll try to find some pix for you, but im not sure if i ahve any!

I need to go restock on my makeup today bc I'm low + I tanned over the weekend so I need to find a shade that blends in with the rest of my body. I'm just debating whether I should stick to BE or hop on the MAC bandwagon... or any other suggested cosmetic brands (?). I rarely break out with tiny pimples but I have nodules along my jawline and lower cheeks. I need max coverage for summer...

I really appreciate the pixs & feedback!

well you said you have oily skin?

before when i started using mac i had quite dry skin.. and in the summer (you know you get the oilest) it only made me dry skin a little oily (like the pic i posted).. now that ihave oily skin MAC just made me oilier.. like dripping off my face oily lol...

i dont know how MAC would work for you in the summer if yo uhave oily skin!

im sorry i cant really recommend another foundation right now, cause im still trying to find my new favourite.. oil is SUCH a bitch, id rather have dry skin!

I know, right? I know what you mean by make up dripping off your face. It's the worst when you pad your makeup bc it's cakey and literally just floating across the surface of your face.

I used to use other foundations before I turned to BE bc it's "mineral" makeup so I figured it wouldn't be as oily... and it isn't as oily as other foundations but the coverage is shit.

Hmmm...

have you tried any other mineral foundations? i think im gona try to get a sample from everyday minerals... i want something more natural feeling cause im tired of caking make up on my face (thats what i felt like with MAC) i also want to try laura mercier.

have you tried any other mineral foundations? i think im gona try to get a sample from everyday minerals... i want something more natural feeling cause im tired of caking make up on my face (thats what i felt like with MAC) i also want to try laura mercier.

I haven't tried other mineral foundations but I have tried: Lancome, Vincent Longo, Shiseido, BobbiBrown and BE. I've never tried Laura Mercier but BobbiBrown's 100% oil free even finish compact foundation gives full coverage. I'm worried that other mineral foundations might make my face appear even more oily bc of the shine. The mineral veil from BE makes my face glow at first and by end of the day, I look greasy. Is it just me?

try the EM, definately!

they have orig. glo, semi-matte, or matte, their samples are great and you only pay shipping for 3-5$! go for it!

I am considering it! They are a lot more affordable than BE.

Then again... Bobbibrown, Shiseido, and Lancome are just as expensive, if not more. :(

I just recently started using Bobbie Brown. I went to the counter and got my color matched and had the guy pick out what type would work best for what I was going for. I live in Fl so it gets very humid and can make your makeup get so gross feeling on your face fast, also i needed good coverage without looking like i piled on tons of makeup. He picked out the compact that is creme to power that you apply with a brush, and then a bronzer. It looks sooo much better, I was using Bare Minerals and the color and coverage were awful. Although Bobbie Brown is a bit expensive, I would rather pay that than feel like i have an orange cake-on look!! hehe

what exactly does 'full coverage' mean to you guys? like even though im apparently using full coverage stuff like - lancome, mac

it just isnt covering everything..when i put it on it makes me have dark marks on my cheeks(that look brownish) .. im not quite sure if most of my acne on my cheeks is even active or scars! do you think thats why its not covering?