Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been following something similar to the clear skin regimen for 2-3 months and am happy with my skin. I use Cetaphil cleanser then Vichy moisturizer during the day before applying make-up. At night I steam my face for 15 minutes, wash again, use diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner, moisturize with Dove's night cream and then apply Clindamycin (5% BP plus 1% Clindamycin).

My active pimples are all gone. Which is great, BUT for some reason I have a new problem... bumpy clogged pores all over my cheeks. I've never had this before. I thought it might be a new cream blush I tried so I stopped using that a month ago and the problem is still there. I've also discontinued using powder to stay on the safe side.

I've been steaming my face like mad, trying to be gentle yet remove these things. I'm going crazy trying to pinpoint some causation, but I haven't really been doing anything differently. I'm thinking about going to a spa to get a glycolic refining treatment. But it's $60 per half hour... so I don't want to be disappointed. Does anybody have possible solutions? :wall:

many people on here have posted threads about clogged pores, go through the pages and look for ones about clogged pores. all i can tell you is make sure all your products are non-comedogeic and if they arn't you need to get one that is.if its not you will get clogged pores. and sence your pimples are gone id say stop using the bp because it is drying (even if you cant see it) to the bottom layer of your skin which causes excess oil production and then clogging because the barrier (long story) is damged...anyway just make sure all your stuff is non-comedogenic and make sure you are moisturizig daily. then if you can squeeze out your clogged pores gently and if that doesn't suit you just read the other threads which will give you more tips and stuff you can use.

I had a face full of those bumps last December ... they're all gone now.

I used Green Cream, but other topical retinoids will work just as well ... Diacneal is a good option.

If you are seeing a derm, ask about getting a prescription for Differin or low-concentration Retin A Micro gel.

This is not an overnight cure ... it took 3 months for the GC to purge all the bumps from my skin ... but things are looking great now.

I also use mandelic acid to keep my pores clear.

I had a face full of those bumps last December ... they're all gone now.

I used Green Cream, but other topical retinoids will work just as well ... Diacneal is a good option.

If you are seeing a derm, ask about getting a prescription for Differin or low-concentration Retin A Micro gel.

This is not an overnight cure ... it took 3 months for the GC to purge all the bumps from my skin ... but things are looking great now.

I also use mandelic acid to keep my pores clear.

yea she has a good regimen, it just takes time and it also depends on the severity of your problem.give it a try.

Try a gentle beta hydroxy acid leave-on product like Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment or Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid products (my favorite). Salicylic acid is lipid soluble and can therefore exfoliate inside the pore when in a product with a pH of under 4, and both the above-mentioned products are alcohol/irritant-free and pH correct.. I agree with the other posters about obtaining a prescription for a topical retinoid, too. Topical retinoids can help the skin function more normally, and both salicylic acid and tretinoin promote the sloughing off of skin cells to help keep pores clog-free. Salicylic acid is derived from aspirin, so if you are allergic to aspirin, don't use any salicylic acid product. If you can't use salicylic acid products, some people find success with alpha hydroxy acid products, but keep in mind alpha hydroxy acid is water soluble and can only exfoliate the skin's surface rather than the inside of the pore.

Another thing you could do is talk to your dermatologist about getting beta hydroxy acid peels if you can tolerate salicylic acid (which most people can). This could significantly improve the appearance of your skin.