Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OliveRoses

Has Anyone Taken Tane Longer than 5 Months?

This topic came up in another thread. I am currently taking 40 mgs. a day and will be on this for the next 6 to 8 months with the last 2 months being 40mgs. every other day. I am curious about how many others out there are on long term therapy. TIA

I'm in month 7 and plan to go over 8 months. Although the last 2 months have been at just 10mg. The longer the better

Why don't you just do a 4-6 month course with a higher dose, the one that is going to reach you a cumulative dose of 125-150mg/kg then being on this for so long? (I just answered my own answer there by reading something).

And I also read that a 1mg/kg isn't necessary as long as you hit the cumulative dose which is important because the recommended dose is 0.5-1mg/kg you should only go higher then this if your acne is VERY severe!

I did six months. 40 mg/day, 60 mg/day, 80 mg/day were my doses. 40 for first two months, 60 for second three, and 80 for the last month.

10 Months!!! I did 20 mg for 10 months cause first course of treatment I had 40/80 alternating, and was supposed to do routine 5 months BUT I only lasted about 2 1/2 months due to it was causing pain and pressure behind my eyes, very scary AND possible sign of damage.....So that derm said no more Rx for you, so I found awesome derm with more knowledge and she told me it's the total mg ingested which is important, and long term with lower dose ended up being the answer for me! Oh, and my eyes were ok through it all! Thats been 5 years ago, no problems since...no more zits!!! And mine was cystic type, huge!!!

Started with moderate acne.

first month was 40 mg. -> result severe acne

six months following was 80 mg.

Im here, 7 months down the road, just having a horrible break out with 5 cysts stacked on each other feeling and looking like shit. Im wondering if this is where I pull the triger.

I'm sorry for you. If you wanna chat let me know. But forget those bad thoughts, you will find your solution.

you will find your solution.

lol, thanks that was funny .. it made my day

PS. I see you have scars. I understand you understand. That gives you some credibility. You too have suffered.

But whenever you find a fix for a problem, another one will fuck you up the ass.

6.5 months for me

1 month- 40 mg

5.5 months- 80mg

AC3- Acne isn't worth that all all. Don't let it define your life. I too have scars and it was terrible for me when my daughter was born and my husband wanted to take photographs but I was like not with this horrible acne. Since then, he has kindly used photoshop to air brushed my pics to make me look better LOL! I'm sitting here typing now with 6 cycsts. 3 on each cheek, a zit on my eyebrow, one in the middle of my forhead and a sunburn on my nostril because I forgot to use sunscreen. Man, I don't even want to be seen and no make up is gona cover up this shit! But I have my baby to think about and so I just have to bite the bullet (pun intended) and suck up and be the phenomenal woman that I am. LOL and I do this everyday and I know I am not the only one suffering this nor will I be the last. Even though I hate my acne, I am too vain to kill myself over it, god forbid my gravestone should say, "mother, wife, acne sufferer". When I die, it is because I lived a complete and full life.

Err.....I'll get off my pulpit now. :looks around sheepishly:

Life is meant to be lived. If you can't really live the way you want, then there is no point. Thanks for sharing your story, but somehow I get the feeling I've been fucked over the most you ever can and there's simply no way to get back at it.

... 18 year old, very well built (used to do a lot of weight lifting untill last summer) , absolutely no health isues what so ever, rarely get sick, i would consider myself very attractive too without the pimples. I also never had any allergies to anything

And then something like this comes into your life and twists you upside hell. You decide to take Accutane, go through 7 months of pain and hell and come out looking more messed than before. Oddly enough, my blood tests were outstanding. There is NOTHING wrong with me physically.

The doctor would look at me, look at the paper, look at me, look at the paper and say "something doesn't fit in: on one side you have this on your face and on the other side, you're healthier than anyone i've ever seen."

I took accutane for 7 months.

40mg one day and 20mg every other day for about 5 months. Then 40mg a day for 2 months.

Its cleared me up and im still clear.

I agree with Ac3. Things like acne are so fucked up. It's not like you were just born this way. Well you were given the genes but people aren't meant to have sever acne. It's different to be born normal but ugly then to feel like you look nice but shit that shouldn't be there is stealing what you got.

Energizer and AC3- I feel your pain, but don't allow it to get to the point where everything else in life ceases to exist anymore.

Ac3 and Energizer you have every right to be angry. I say don't give up hope, you never know tommorow you can start seeing your skin clearing up.

It just takes time, we all want instant results. I don't want to sound like someone saying "Be positive!", but I just think having some faith can go a long way.