Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zamora

best way to incorporate aha

i recently bought some alpha hydrox aha enhanced lotion and i'm wondering about the best way to incorporate it into the regimen.

i've tried applying it after the bp (but before moisturiser) once a day, but this seems to mix in with the bp into a kind of sludge. even though i wait 10-15 minutes so the bp is dry. the moisturiser doesn't mix in like that - it goes on like there was nothing on my face. it's just the aha. and i think that applying it like this has caused me to break out again.

so... should i put it on before the bp? after the moisturiser? in the middle of the day?

Yep I agree with trying an AHA enhanced moistursier, it helps combat red marks as well as deal with flakes, as if you use a seperate lotion you are deviating from the regimen which could affect its effectivness. In the US a lot of people have success with Neutrogena healthy skin lotion so you might want to give that a go. :)

I mix the aha and moisturizer together. I get off work really late and I got sick of waiting so long in between steps. It works well for me.