Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justme34

Well I don't want to jinx it, but I think it is starting to work!

I am about 6 weeks in... and I am slowly starting to see improvment, and my skin in general is improving. I still get some breakouts, but not as many, and they are going away more quickly. I had some trouble a week or two ago which I think were caused somewhat by my deviation from the directions (bad), but I am back on track now and things are starting to improve!

I had tried the regimen before, but it didn't work for me -- i started off with too much BP I think.

This time it is different because I have learned one very important thing -- be nice to your skin. Now I am nice to my skin as a #1 priority, and follow the regimen precisely as a #2 priority. For me this means that if my skin start to get too irritated for some reason, I just skin an application of BP at night and let my skin rest. It also means that I use quite a bit of moisturizer. The point of the regimen is not to completely dry out your skin, because that just irritates it more! Once I figured that out, I have no problem using moisturizer. Often I use it after taking a shower after exercising, even when I am not doing any application of BP, because I feel like my skin needs it right now.

So, things aren't perfect, but are definately looking up, and I am happy with the progress. I think that my system of #1 be nice to my skin, #2 do the regimen exactly is working well for me so far! Hopefully this post will remind others that the regimen is supposed to be nice to your skin, and that you should too, and that will help you as well!

:)

Congrats, sounds like its all going well! :D

thanks, I am happy about it :)

right on!

now just chill out and keep it up. don't worry too much

thanks, that is what I plan to do :)