Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
george_doors05

Reasons for breakouts??

hey guys,

Im experiencing the worse breakouts ive had for years at the moment, whats different about this breakout is that its lasted for about 3 weeks and my skin doesn't show much signs of getting better (Im on the CSR).

I thought it would be good if as many people as possible could list things that break them out and I can see if any of the reasons might apply to myself??

Might be a long shot but worth a try I think because a few months ago i was virtually clear and now im full of spots :(

yeah sure,

Im using simple soap bar as a cleanser then Dans BP gel and finally Eucerin, im from the UK so cant get some of the products Dan describes over here. What annoys me most is that ive been on the regimen using different products for ages and my skin went very clear but I let it slip slightly.

The breakout ive had for the past 3 weeks is really strange though because ive never had so many spots at once, usually get a few bigger spots but never loads all over my face.

p.s. using just under half a finger of BP and about the same of Eucerin

just to add im thinking of going back on minocycline to help deal with the breakout but not sure if it'll make much difference because I was on them for about 2 years and I stopped taking them because I dont like taking drugs for long periods of time

hmmm well i think the first problem is that ur using a regular bar of soap... its too harsh and i believe soaps take away too much from ur skin and dries u out a little... well the full amount of bp is index finger length and thats for the whole face so maybe ur not putting enough but i don't know how much u have and wt not and as for the moisturizer... is it with or without aha ?

in the regimen, Dan states clearly that he thinks using regular soap is a very bad idea. its very irritating, and strips the skin, and thats not what you want to do at all.

Do you masturbate often? Masturbating too much can cause breakouts as well.

absolute rubbish

Can you prove it? That is just your OPINION, not a FACT.

Thats just a myth to keep young people from doing it in the past :hand:

not true @ all. sex/masturbation do not cause acne. period.