Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
#1cubsfan

Anybody have good results from Photodynamic Therapy?

Hi, I've been trying to find out some info on Photodynamic Therapy, and if it's worked well for cystic acne. I've checked the search forum, but everything dates back to 2005. Any comments appreciated!

Hi, I've been trying to find out some info on Photodynamic Therapy, and if it's worked well for cystic acne. I've checked the search forum, but everything dates back to 2005. Any comments appreciated!

PDT is also called Blu-light in SE Asia.

They cleaned my skin and applied a photosensitizing agent.

Then they put my face under bright blue light for 15 minutes each side.

Once the procedure was done, my face was red for a few hours/days.

I have only tried once when my acne flared up in hot/humid weather while in South East Asia in a local dermatology clinic.

At that time I had several large papules on my cheeks. It did not seem to help at all, but I only had one session.

Keep in mind, this procedure is meant to be repeated several times to see results.

When I came back to the US, I checked the cost in bermanmd.com and they quoted me $300 per session. 10 times as much as I had paid in SE Asie.

Fortunately, at that time my acne had subsided and I decided not to continue with the treatment.

Good luck with your treatment and please share with us about your own experience.

there are two threads on this, just because it date backs from 2005 doesn't mean people aren't still commenting on it, or that the information in them isn't just as valuable.

there are two threads on this, just because it date backs from 2005 doesn't mean people aren't still commenting on it, or that the information in them isn't just as valuable.

I found the thread yesterday, thanks. My only concern was I didn't see the results of the people from 2005.

Hello #1cubsfan!

I had one photodynamic therapy treatment recently. It was suggested by the doctor that I only do it once, because I had been treated with the Smoothbeam 10 times before. I didn't have any relief at all. But, as the last person stated, those treatments are meant to be done several times. Good luck with finding something that works for you!

Hello #1cubsfan!

I had one photodynamic therapy treatment recently. It was suggested by the doctor that I only do it once, because I had been treated with the Smoothbeam 10 times before. I didn't have any relief at all. But, as the last person stated, those treatments are meant to be done several times. Good luck with finding something that works for you!

Thanks Pipsi! I'd like to try this late fall. I just finished up with Fraxel treatments last month.

I have never experienced photodynamic therapy treatments, and I don't think I feel comfitable with the thought of this proceedure, but I can comment on Zenmed. I found this highley recommended product through http://www.natural-acne-treatment.info and it really has worked.

Anybody out there who has not tried this product may want to give it a try before spending the big $$$ on any other treatments.

Good Luck!

I have never experienced photodynamic therapy treatments, and I don't think I feel comfitable with the thought of this proceedure, but I can comment on Zenmed. I found this highley recommended product through http://www.natural-acne-treatment.info and it really has worked.

Anybody out there who has not tried this product may want to give it a try before spending the big $$$ on any other treatments.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the response. I just started taking herbal pills yesterday from a homeopathic doctor I just saw. I'm going to give this some time, and hopefully see some good results.