Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiLy_89

peeling while on 'tane???

well, my derm has been insisting on me having to get peelings done every 15 days (since i started, which is like a month and a half ago) becuase he says its the best thing, becuase not only will the peeling help dry up all the active acne i have now, but it will make me get like "new layers of skin" or some wacko shit like that and i asked him wouldn't that make me more propense to more scarring, and he said hell na....j/k....he just said no....he said that totally the contrare, it would help me with scarring.... :think: , so yeah i've been avoiding the peelings, but since my last derm visit, he said that if i really wanted to see good results from my treatment, that i should do practically everything he says...so yeah, i mean i trust hes a good doctor, he's actually the best in the city and i know he wouldn't recommend me doing something if it was'nt for the best, but i still can't get these doubts out of my head....what do you guys think? seriously any comment is MORE than welcome, anything would help.... :doubt:

:wall: please guys, anything would help....i have my appointment today at 7:00pm....i don't really know if i should go

well, my derm has been insisting on me having to get peelings done every 15 days (since i started, which is like a month and a half ago) becuase he says its the best thing, becuase not only will the peeling help dry up all the active acne i have now, but it will make me get like "new layers of skin" or some wacko shit like that and i asked him wouldn't that make me more propense to more scarring, and he said hell na....j/k....he just said no....he said that totally the contrare, it would help me with scarring.... :think: , so yeah i've been avoiding the peelings, but since my last derm visit, he said that if i really wanted to see good results from my treatment, that i should do practically everything he says...so yeah, i mean i trust hes a good doctor, he's actually the best in the city and i know he wouldn't recommend me doing something if it was'nt for the best, but i still can't get these doubts out of my head....what do you guys think? seriously any comment is MORE than welcome, anything would help.... :doubt:

your doctor is not wacko, you should use a peeling twice a week, on accutane or not on accutane. your skin sheds 40000 skin cells per minute!! it renews itself all the time, those dead skin cells need to be polished away regularly, specially when you have acne, dead skin will clog your pores. i am not sure what kind of peel your doc wants you to do but just get yourself a gentle exfoliator that is not natural, clinique 7 day scrub cream is good. when you exfoliate it helps also to get rid of any scarring you might have. any more questions about peeling let me know :)

so wait, let me get this clear....exfoliating and peelings are GOOD while on accutane? :think:

i'm soooo confused....

I'd say no your skin is very fragile at this time and you wouldnt want to use any chemical agents to peel your skin ... you'll "peel" enough, id say gently take a washcloth when you first get out of the shower and wipe away dead skin.

that's what i do. except... i wash my face with my cleanser and then use a washcloth to wipe away the cleanser as well as dead skin cells.

should i start wiping away the dead skin cells after i get out of the shower? should the washcloth be wet or dry?

so i should just tell my derm i don't want to go through with the peelings becuase i thinks he is wrong?, wouldn't that just tick him off?