Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that peanuts are theoretically bad for acne, but what have your guys' experiences been like? I'm vegan and usually eat a handful of almonds and a handful of walnuts a day- they don't seem to be causing me to break out at all. If these types of nuts don't bother me, do you think peanuts would make me break out? Obviously the only way for me to really know is to try it... but I'm scared to risk it!!! :shock:

I know that peanuts are theoretically bad for acne, but what have your guys' experiences been like? I'm vegan and usually eat a handful of almonds and a handful of walnuts a day- they don't seem to be causing me to break out at all. If these types of nuts don't bother me, do you think peanuts would make me break out? Obviously the only way for me to really know is to try it... but I'm scared to risk it!!! :shock:

Try just a few peanuts at a time and see how your skin reacts. You will notice right away if it's going to cause a problem for you. I have a friend who is vegan and i know that there is alot that you can't have. Don't deprive yourself of something that you like. Good luck!!

Peanuts don't bother me as long as they're not roasted. Peanut butter does.

Peanut butter is fine. Just make sure you get it without trans fats. You're already a vegan, cutting out peanut butter too would just be too much.

Btw, most produce has a certain amount of insect parts, so no matter what you do you're eating meat. lol, just messing with you (or am I?)

peanuts and peanut butter or any type nut breaks me out horribly on my neck! Just me I guess.

A while back I was eating a lot of Smuckers all natural peanut butter, and I broke out in a horrible rash on my face around the chin and mouth area. I didn't think I was allergic to peanuts or the oil but apparently in large doses, it doesn't fare too well with me. So be careful and watch to make sure your skin doesn't react badly to the peanuts.

I've never heard of anyone breaking out after eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Strange. I've never broken out after eating peanut butter. :confused:

Since it was the all natural kind, there was a lot of peanut oil in it. I think that's what did it....

Now whenever I eat PB&J, I just use Jif. No more natural peanut butter for me... :confused:

If you eat roasted nuts they are obviously going to be full of hydrogenated oils which will make you break out. Raw nuts are fine (no exception to peanuts), infact they contain zink (cashews) and other good stuff.

So

raw nuts = :dance:

roasted nuts = :naughty:

If you eat roasted nuts they are obviously going to be full of hydrogenated oils which will make you break out. Raw nuts are fine (no exception to peanuts), infact they contain zink (cashews) and other good stuff.

So

raw nuts = :dance:

roasted nuts = :naughty:

I must be a weird one then. Hm. :eh:

A while back I was eating a lot of Smuckers all natural peanut butter, and I broke out in a horrible rash on my face around the chin and mouth area. I didn't think I was allergic to peanuts or the oil but apparently in large doses, it doesn't fare too well with me. So be careful and watch to make sure your skin doesn't react badly to the peanuts.

Definitely sounds like an allergy.