Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Strangeluv

Thayer's and aloe vera

After I cleared up, I switched myself off of the BP cold turkey and started using aloe vera straight from the plant. I don't believe that anything on the market is better than aloe vera gel straight from the leaf itself. I was doing pretty well on it. I washed with my Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial bar, rubbed the aloe vera in, and put on my Dove Deep Moisture. I didn't have any new breakouts and my redmarks seemed to be getting slightly better. I was cleaning my cabinet out when I realized I had a full bottle of Thayer's Rose Water Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera stashed in the back of it. I had used a tiny little amount of it back when I was making my own face stuff and never used it again. I decided I'd give it a try since I had a full bottle.

I've been washing my face with the Cetaphil, putting the Thayer's on, and then putting my Dove Deep moisture on in the morning. At night. I skip the Dove and use aloe vera after the Thayer's. Let me tell you, it's *working*! I had these 3 comedones on the side of my cheek. They've been there ever since I started using BP and never went away. They were red, painful, and very noticeable. Even with just the aloe they didn't even start to go away. As soon as I started using the Thayer's, all three came to a head and are healing wonderfully now. No pain, no bumps, and the redness is very slight. Also, all the clogged pores on my nose are suddenly coming to a head. My skin is purging wonderfully and I really think I have to thank Thayer's for that (That's a bit of a tongue twister huh? :razz:)

It's worth a try and pretty cheap if you ask me. Just my experiences with my new regimen :)

Would you happen to know if Thayers is also great for using with existing pimples and does it fade redness on the skin due to past pimples?

After I cleared up, I switched myself off of the BP cold turkey and started using aloe vera straight from the plant. I don't believe that anything on the market is better than aloe vera gel straight from the leaf itself. I was doing pretty well on it. I washed with my Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial bar, rubbed the aloe vera in, and put on my Dove Deep Moisture. I didn't have any new breakouts and my redmarks seemed to be getting slightly better. I was cleaning my cabinet out when I realized I had a full bottle of Thayer's Rose Water Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera stashed in the back of it. I had used a tiny little amount of it back when I was making my own face stuff and never used it again. I decided I'd give it a try since I had a full bottle.

I've been washing my face with the Cetaphil, putting the Thayer's on, and then putting my Dove Deep moisture on in the morning. At night. I skip the Dove and use aloe vera after the Thayer's. Let me tell you, it's *working*! I had these 3 comedones on the side of my cheek. They've been there ever since I started using BP and never went away. They were red, painful, and very noticeable. Even with just the aloe they didn't even start to go away. As soon as I started using the Thayer's, all three came to a head and are healing wonderfully now. No pain, no bumps, and the redness is very slight. Also, all the clogged pores on my nose are suddenly coming to a head. My skin is purging wonderfully and I really think I have to thank Thayer's for that (That's a bit of a tongue twister huh? :razz:)

It's worth a try and pretty cheap if you ask me. Just my experiences with my new regimen :)

That's great. When i was a little girl, my mom would always use aloe vera straight from the steam on cuts and scrapes. I love this stuff. It also helps to prevent scarring. I am really happy for your success. Keep smiling!!

Hey, I have a ton of redmarks that Ive had for months, and they are left over from old acne spots. Theyre all over my cheeks, and I cant get rid of them> Ive used 100% aloe vera gel (fruit of the earth) and NOTHING has happened to my redmarks. Do you reccomend I use aloe vera straight from the plant, or rather the Thayer's Rose Water Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera? How bad were your redmarks too? Did you have them for a long long time or were just recent remdarks?

Thanks so much.

Hey, I have a ton of redmarks that Ive had for months, and they are left over from old acne spots. Theyre all over my cheeks, and I cant get rid of them> Ive used 100% aloe vera gel (fruit of the earth) and NOTHING has happened to my redmarks. Do you reccomend I use aloe vera straight from the plant, or rather the Thayer's Rose Water Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera? How bad were your redmarks too? Did you have them for a long long time or were just recent remdarks?

Thanks so much.

I have been using aloe vera soap and aloe vera cream for about 2 1/2 weeks. I am seeing a major improvement. I know that the aloe vera straight from the plant heals faster. It is a waiting game, just try to stick with it. Good luck!!

Would you happen to know if Thayers is also great for using with existing pimples and does it fade redness on the skin due to past pimples?

I believe it does help with exisiting pimples as I had started to get some new ones since it was my time of the month. Soon after that I started using the Thayer's and they dried up pretty darn quick. It's the first time ever that I haven't had active pimples while I'm on my cycle. As far as helping with redmarks, definitely. My redmarks are fading twice as fast with the Thayer's added.

Thanks so much.

I would use both. For me, it's the combo that has been working. Only when I added the Thayer's after the aloe did I see noticable improvements. Most of my redmarks were recent but I did have a few from reoccurring zits on my chin. I think I have a couple pictures up of my marks in my gallery. In about another month I'm gonna post some pictures to show the improvement.