Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I work in a bar/gaming area where I'm constantly surrounded by smokers. Does this have an impact on my skin? is there a link between passive smoking and acne?

I work in a bar/gaming area where I'm constantly surrounded by smokers. Does this have an impact on my skin? is there a link between passive smoking and acne?

i'm sure there could be a connection, i mean smoke getting into the pores....? can't be good

Smoke can be irritating to the skin, so I'm sure it's possible that it can aggravate acne. I'll have to look into the issue of smoke and other environmental pollutants clogging pores some more, but from what I've seen and experienced, yes it can. When I stayed in areas that were less poluted for a few weeks such as Australia and Iowa as opposed to Southern California, I noticed an improvement in my skin. When a friend of mine that I've since lost touch with got involved in cigarrettes and smoked drugs, her skin got noticeably worse. All of that could have had a number of other explanations though, such as hormones.

Yes it does

I just had ha very good talk with my father about my acne and we when we talked we got in to that my acne became much much worse when i started working at post office warhouse ( sorry bad english).

I was eating and sleeping wrong but the main factor was that i was loading trucks and i got a lot of dust on my skin and in my nose and i hade mild acne at that point when i started working there but after a week a got a really big infected zit on my cheek and my acne just became the worst i ever had after 2 months..