Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been drinking Naked carrot juice for about 2 months now. I drink a half gallon every 2-3 days, which is about 2 glasses a day. We all know that carrots contain lots of vitamin A, but it also helps cleanse the liver. Since the 2 months, I have noticed a dramatic decrease in my acne. Of course I'm taking milk thistle and a few other herbs as well, so I can't say that the juice has helped. But since I know what carrots provide, I feel that it plays a huge part in the reduction of my acne. After a long weekend of partying, I will drink lots of carrot juice, and I hardly will get a pimple. Each glass contains about 690% vitamin A! I'm not sure how many IU it is, but I do get a lot of it. What do you guys think?

I've been drinking Naked carrot juice for about 2 months now. I drink a half gallon every 2-3 days, which is about 2 glasses a day. We all know that carrots contain lots of vitamin A, but it also helps cleanse the liver. Since the 2 months, I have noticed a dramatic decrease in my acne. Of course I'm taking milk thistle and a few other herbs as well, so I can't say that the juice has helped. But since I know what carrots provide, I feel that it plays a huge part in the reduction of my acne. After a long weekend of partying, I will drink lots of carrot juice, and I hardly will get a pimple. Each glass contains about 690% vitamin A! I'm not sure how many IU it is, but I do get a lot of it. What do you guys think?

I've read many good health benefits from drinking carrot juice so I'm not surprised it's doing wonders for your skin. I drink filtered lime water, it's pretty cheap. I have this water filter that filters the chlorine from tap water and everyday I just cut a slice of lime and put it in the filter. If you drink a lot of water, it's a good source of electrolite. Don't buy any sports drinks! I also brew tea with a coffee maker with natural tea leaves, not bags. I drink organic soy milk in the morning for its calcium. I've never really drank milk my whole life but I think I'm missing calcium so everyday I drink a glass of soy milk. For me, it really tastes better than dairy milk.

I'm glad carrot juice is working great for you! Keep us updated on your improvements!

Take a spoonful of oil (olive oil, fish oil, whatever) with your carrot juice (or any veg. juice) and you'll get even more benefits from it.

Vitamin A can only be dissolved in fat, so by adding some oil, your body can get the best of your carrot juice. Vitamin A is carried through the body by fat.

yes, carrot juice is amazing. i only discovered the wonders of it a couple of months ago.. but i've been drinking on average 8-10oz a day. it allows me to relax quite a bit on my diet. i actually just did an experiment where the week before last i didn't drink any - and my skin reacted. last week i returned to drinking it daily and my skin is clear once again. i wasn't sure if it was truly the carrot juice, or the probiotics finally repaired all my digestion issues. obviously, the carrot juice is doing a lot.

i have to buy a juicer very soon though, because i've been spending about $10 a week on the bottled/organic juice and i for sure can't keep that up.

I tried carrot juice once and had to throw it out after half a glass-- it was so gross to me! But here in Argentina I tried fresh squeezed orange juice WITH carrot juice and it was delicious.

Do you guys like the taste of pure carrot juice? Do you mix it with anything or drink a carrot juice blend?

how many carrots do u use per glass?

Depends on how much juice you want and how big the carrots are, and if you're juicing other things along with it. If it's carrot only, about 3 carrots. But if you're going to juice, you may as well reap the benefits of other veggies too. Greens are good, if you mix with carrot and/or apple, you can't even taste that kale you put in there!

What benefit would olive oil give me along with carrot juice?

What salty said... and the minerals in it can only be absorbed with fat.

Also, I think it having it with fat makes it a better liver cleanser. Don't know exactly how that works... but I guess it has something to do with the fat causing bile to be released....

Ive been drinking carrot juice for a little over 2 weeks and it has helped me greatly, I've noticed the nodules that i've have under my chin for over 3 months are nearly gone, I couldn't believe it. Then i looked up the nutritional value of carrots and found out that it has tons of Vitamin A in it. So I guess this helps similar to Accutane except that its natural and that it the Vitamin A is in the form of beta-carotene , so I personally think its bettter because excess carotene is non toxic unlike Accutane. Although I did break out on my forehead for about the first 10 days when I started but It seems to be clearing now..