Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I'm sure I have some red marks. They're mainly around my lips and chin, since thats were I used to have acne. But, it seems as if my skin is also just red. Normally, during the day, I notice this redness. However, after a nice cleansing or in the morning, the redness seems to disappear. So, what can I do for this? Because I thought I had a ton of red marks, but some of it just seems to be my coloring. Could this redness be related to my skin trying to heal?

Does anyone reccomend eucerin's calming products for red skin? Their site has a cleanser and some creams.

Posted

I'm sure I have some red marks. They're mainly around my lips and chin, since thats were I used to have acne. But, it seems as if my skin is also just red. Normally, during the day, I notice this redness. However, after a nice cleansing or in the morning, the redness seems to disappear. So, what can I do for this? Because I thought I had a ton of red marks, but some of it just seems to be my coloring. Could this redness be related to my skin trying to heal?

Does anyone reccomend eucerin's calming products for red skin? Their site has a cleanser and some creams.

Thats the same problem with me..reddness..If I find any good products for reddness, I'll be sure to let you know! :)

Posted

I have same problem. Diet helps some. And not bugging the skin too much. And I avoid the sun totally. This is my regimen as of now. It has helped some, but I still have loads "real" redmarks. Good luck

Thats the same problem with me..reddness..If I find any good products for reddness, I'll be sure to let you know! :)

I just noticed you are using some cortisone based cream, so I assume your derm diagnosed you with rosacea or something? btw, redness on skin usually means very sensitive skin, so you might want to leave out the tea tree oil.

Posted

yea I have definitely have the same problem. always turned more red after drinking, smoking weed, sports, sex (all the good stuff), but my skin has a generally reddish hue too, seems to calm down when its dark, might just be my eyes adjusting. anyways, after accutane I was left with some red marks which coupled with the flushing tends to look very bad, so, I started vbeam treatments recently and will continue throughout the summer, hopefully work on the red marks and sort of even out my skin tone, was also thinking of the aveeno calming cream???anyone tried this??? thanks

Posted

I just noticed you are using some cortisone based cream, so I assume your derm diagnosed you with rosacea or something? btw, redness on skin usually means very sensitive skin, so you might want to leave out the tea tree oil.

Posted

try the aspirin mask, it helps reduce my redness.

Posted

Are you sure u dont have rosacea?

Anyway BP, retinoids etc can makes the skin red until your skin get used to it.

Posted

I'm the same. My entire face is red except for under my eyes. It's very strange. i've never seen anyone else like it.

Posted

My derm diagnosed me with contact dermatits. It was caused by Cetaphil if you can believe that, lol.

Yeah..tea tree oil does make my skin more senstive, your right. But I only use it right on the active zits, it heals them, makes them smaller very quick. :dance: But these damn red marks, reddness...UNG

strange....I got diagnosed with rosacea after a year of using cetaphil. I'm really wondering now since Galaderma (the company that makes cetaphil) also makes alot of rosacea/acne medecines). Sorry I'm being paranoid now. It's alllllll one big conspiracy :whistle:

Posted

post accutane redness is the losE :boohoo:

Posted

my face has turned quite red, my redness seems to disappear too! but during the day i notice it. and u know what? it's only happend since i started using cetaphil! i'm going back on spectro again in hopes that the lack of cetaphil will make my skin less red.

Posted

my face has turned quite red, my redness seems to disappear too! but during the day i notice it. and u know what? it's only happend since i started using cetaphil! i'm going back on spectro again in hopes that the lack of cetaphil will make my skin less red.

Thats the same thing that happended to me!....stupid cetaphil *shakes fist*

Posted

i've used the eucerin redness relief line. i LOVE their night creme. i have redmarks, not redness, so i can't really say if they'd work for redness. they are wonderful products though.

Posted

i've used the eucerin redness relief line. i LOVE their night creme. i have redmarks, not redness, so i can't really say if they'd work for redness. they are wonderful products though.

yea im using that spf 15 eucerin red lotion.. it's good stuff...

Also I just got off accutane about 2 days ago so I really just need to wait for mine to fade cuz the drug stays in my system for a month after

Posted

ya but i checked out those pics u posted and it's nothing compared to me, i'm frickin, BRIGHT RED!!!!!!!! plus i have some acne on top of that. it really sucks because there's a girl a wanna ask out but i'm so self-consious, friends tell me it looks fine but i don't believe them.

Posted

ya but i checked out those pics u posted and it's nothing compared to me, i'm frickin, BRIGHT RED!!!!!!!! plus i have some acne on top of that. it really sucks because there's a girl a wanna ask out but i'm so self-consious, friends tell me it looks fine but i don't believe them.

I have my days where I am a brighter red too..Try not to let acne hold you back.(easier said then done, I know..) Acne shouldn't turn away a girl, I know it wouldn't with me, at all. If she's really worth you and your time she shouldn't either. I wish you all the best with it, you can do it :)

Posted

i think i should tell you the whole story, of me and that girl. i think you'd find it very interesting...

Posted

so cetaphil really turns you red? how long have you guys been using it? this kind scares me :|

Posted

4 months, of course it's not proven, i'll just never use cetaphil again.

Posted

For me it was 2 monthes. Oh good ness, I'd hate to see what it did to my face in more then that..

i think i should tell you the whole story, of me and that girl. i think you'd find it very interesting...

Posted

I'm the same. My entire face is red except for under my eyes. It's very strange. i've never seen anyone else like it.

lol. you shoulda seen me a year ago. People literally stop and stare at me, and I had half-ass acquaintances constrantly asking me what's wrong with my face. Now, I'm better. But when I don't follow my trigger factors, my face easily becomes abnormally red. Not like a year ago though, where it was BRIGHT red. It was almost radioactive looking.

Posted

For me it was 2 monthes. Oh good ness, I'd hate to see what it did to my face in more then that..

I think you should to, that is if you want to tell me..What happended?

i'll pm you cuz it's kinda long.

Posted

Ive posted this alot in this forum but i guess people are not aware of corticosteriod creams e.g Elocom- this will get rid of your redness almost all when used 3-5 days but its very very strong so not more than 5 days,some ppl get clear by 1-2 days so stop then -it should not be used mroe than 5-7 days it can cause side effects if used more which some ppl do by getting excited,this will get rid of it temporarily for more permanent like results you need to do photorejuvenation laser.This will not get rid of the red spots left by acne just the redness in your face-the flushing ppl who suffer from flushing etc .

Posted

Ive posted this alot in this forum but i guess people are not aware of corticosteriod creams e.g Elocom- this will get rid of your redness almost all when used 3-5 days but its very very strong so not more than 5 days,some ppl get clear by 1-2 days so stop then -it should not be used mroe than 5-7 days it can cause side effects if used more which some ppl do by getting excited,this will get rid of it temporarily for more permanent like results you need to do photorejuvenation laser.This will not get rid of the red spots left by acne just the redness in your face-the flushing ppl who suffer from flushing etc .

Are you serious?

where do you get this?

Posted

I used it. I used it for 7 days, and saw a little improvment.

I am just naturally red in my cheeks..I can't help it. I went to the doctors about it again tomorrow, he said the rash is pretty much gone. BUT..he said that the redness in my cheeks is natural, I get it from my mother, who's got a red undertone to her skin too.

And some of the reddness comes from my red marks too..It feels like they'll never go away...:(