Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingpin343

gd damn greasy face

When i wake up in the morning my face is soo oily and shiny.. same with at college in the day time..

infact if i go and wash my face with soap and water 20 mins later it will feel greasy.. is there anything i can put on my face in the day and before i goto bed that will absorb the grease or something

Have you tried oil-blotting sheets, a lot of people have had success with them.

And I was reading a thread the other day that was talking about using cigrette rolling papers as oil blotters with people saying they tend to soak up loads of oil, even more then blotting sheets so you could give them a go.

Also have you tried BP, not only does it help with acne but it drys out the skin so helps reduce oil :)

Also have you tried BP, not only does it help with acne but it drys out the skin so helps reduce oil :)

Drying out the skin will actually increase your greasy skin as you skin produces more oil to keep the skin oily. Moisterising will help to reduce this.

i will look for blotting sheets tomorrow when im out shopping!

Im still trying to find panothic acid! I only find viatmin b pills with only 10mg of b5 in

im a firm believer ill only get rid of my spots from the inside!

my face is also shiny like 24/7 but i think its my moisturizer b/c the second i like put it on u can start to see shine... not too sure though =/

Same here, I wish I could cut back on the moisturizer just for that reason, but then my face gets dry :(.

i have oily skin, and i used to try any kind of "oil-free" moisturizers designated for oily skin, but the oily problem getting worse with all those moisturizers, and recently i decided not to use moisturizer at all (but still using a toner for oily skin), and the oily problem gets better.

I agree with Ukskin that drying out the skin actually increases sheen. When the skin is dried out, it becomes irritated, and as a response, the skin's oil glands secrete more sebum. If you have oily skin and flakiness, try an alcohol-free, non-irritating toner like Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner, which contains water-binding ingredients and anti-irritants. Also, you may need to re-evaluate your skincare regime. The cleanser you are using may be too harsh. Some common harsh detergents are sodium lauryl (not laureth) sulfate and sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfate (found in Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash). Sodium laureth sulfate is a common detergent generally not associated with irritation. Also, do not use bar soap. Most bar soaps have a high pH, which increases bacteria production. Also, many use large amounts of sodium hydroxide as the cleansing agent. Even if a bar soap does not have a high pH or use harsh detergents, the ingredients they contain that keep them in bar form can clog pores. A good cleanser is Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser. Oh, and if you need more moisturization that what the moisturizing toner offers, try a gel moisturizer, which will be less likely to clog pores. Keep in mind a moisturizer is only necessary over dry areas rather than the entire face; moisturizing already hydrated skin can be problematic and suffocating. Perscription retinoid products have been found to decrease oil production. You could also try applying plain milk of magnesia to the face to absorb excess oil.