Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItalHawk87

shaving question...

okay i was a wondering... is the scheick quattro too harsh on the skin... i see the commercials saying the blades are closer so less irriation... also would it better to go with an electric shaver ?

This is Dan's advice on shaving and it sounds as if an electric wouldn't be so good...

A Razor (for men): The Gillette Sensor Excel is the best razor I have tried. It does a great job at reducing shaving irritation. I tried the Mach3, Mach3 Turbo, Quattro, and Fusion and they are all hyper-irritating compared to the Sensor Excel. Plus they're more expensive. I highly recommend that men who use the regimen use the Sensor Excel. I'll keep trying others, but at this point, it's in a class of its own. To prevent irritation, the blade should be changed often--I change it about once a week. Also, I am not a fan of electric razors. Every electric I've tried has been irritating.

:)

i honestly dont find it that bad of a thing, ive used the quattro and its pretty good. i use the mach3 and i dont find it irritating at all. i think it just depends on what kind of face you have and how you use it.

electric shavers sometimes give me this rash below my chin (on neck) but i only tried one on me so i don't know if its the same for like another one, mach 3 gave me the same thing... the thing is it doesn't bother my face while im doing it just like a little while after it forms... maybe the the shaving cream i use also

i prefere a wet shave to a dry shave to be honest

i find my area around stubble gets worse if i use elec razor..

but tahts just me i gues

just find the one that works for u. most ppl have gone with dans' recommomendation. it's quite proven

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Sensor excel for sure.Make sure your face/beard is soft (Use a warm wash-cloth and apply warm compress several times). And make sure you apply a good barrier of shaving foam or oil to reduce irritation from the blade. Slow, downward strokes.