Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im using green cream at night, thats the only thing i use right now...i was wondering what products some of you guys used that help with red marks...so far, ive only seen posts about stuff that help reduce red marks..but not get rid of them completely...my derm told me the re marks will fade away by itself in about 6 months....right now its been like...3-5 years or so? and they are still here...

im using green cream at night, thats the only thing i use right now...i was wondering what products some of you guys used that help with red marks...so far, ive only seen posts about stuff that help reduce red marks..but not get rid of them completely...my derm told me the re marks will fade away by itself in about 6 months....right now its been like...3-5 years or so? and they are still here...

In general, I think it's very hard to find a cure or perfect solution to GET RID of a certain skin condition or problem. We should be happy if there is IMPROVEMENT. I've learned that "Improvement" is our biggest solution and "PERFECTION" is only a dream and our biggest obsession.

Now in regards to your red marks, make sure there isn't an underlying condition and if you see some improvement with green cream, you should give it a little more time.

Personally, I think red marks or redness look MUCH WORSE than scarring alone. It makes your scars look 1,000,000 times more awful. Some people's scars look almost invisible because redness is not present.

Now, apparently, redness may seem less difficult to treat, but sometimes it's a real complicated and untreatable problem. Make sure it's just post-acne marks and not something else. And also, make sure you don't use harsh products because it's very easy to cause skin irritation and aggrevate your red marks.

There is also a RED MARKS forum, right below (or above, not sure ) the Scars forum and I'm sure you'll find hundreds of suggestions.

The only thing that have helped me, though not to a great extent, is avoiding the sun as much as possible. Sunscreen did not do diddly squat, just plain ol avoidance. So now my redmarks are more like pink/brown marks. But the rest of my face at this point is such a pigmentary canvas i doubt those little marks are gonna matter :wacko:

i didnt notice the red mark forum...i thought these red marks were more like scars too...i do think that red marks make ur scars look alot worse too. especially when i look at myself in the mirror with my glasses on...i see all these dark red marks that are so noticable...and without my glasses the marks are very light pink...almost nothing. i wish i could look like what i do without glasses.....=/

.....isnt glycolic acid kinda like mandelic acid? linoqueen from the OTC forum is using mandelic with green cream, but didnt have red marks, so she cant help me out on that one much......

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Do you use a sunscreen? If so, for how long have you been using it?

Zinc creams help with red marks. There are also some modalities like Xeo Collagenesis and IPL. I've had success with red light therapy from home.

Do you use a sunscreen? If so, for how long have you been using it?

Zinc creams help with red marks. There are also some modalities like Xeo Collagenesis and IPL. I've had success with red light therapy from home.

do you mean sunscreens with zinc in it? i been using nivea for mean daily protection or something like that. its ok i guess...i tihnk thats days that i put on the suncreen i tend to get a few more small cyst and acne...my skin just feels alittle uncomfortable....

i didnt notice the red mark forum...i thought these red marks were more like scars too...i do think that red marks make ur scars look alot worse too. especially when i look at myself in the mirror with my glasses on...i see all these dark red marks that are so noticable...and without my glasses the marks are very light pink...almost nothing. i wish i could look like what i do without glasses.....=/

.....isnt glycolic acid kinda like mandelic acid? linoqueen from the OTC forum is using mandelic with green cream, but didnt have red marks, so she cant help me out on that one much......

acccck - me too. Without my glasses, even up close, my redmarks are okay (i'm not too picky :eh: ). But with my glasses ... I'm ready to cry

Guest nec77

I went to laser dr. to get rid of my red marks. He said a pulse dye laser would help a lot (the more i go, the better the results) and also time would heal them. Instead of getting a laser treatment he recommended these products, which he said in only 2 months I should see a great difference.

1. M.D. Forte (e has an accent mark) I facial cleanser

2. Kine-C (e has an accent mark) [a serum with Vitamin C and Kinetin]

3. Differin

I just started it, I'll post my results 7/23.

I went to laser dr. to get rid of my red marks. He said a pulse dye laser would help a lot (the more i go, the better the results) and also time would heal them. Instead of getting a laser treatment he recommended these products, which he said in only 2 months I should see a great difference.

1. M.D. Forte (e has an accent mark) I facial cleanser

2. Kine-C (e has an accent mark) [a serum with Vitamin C and Kinetin]

3. Differin

I just started it, I'll post my results 7/23.

i remember hearing someone on this forum talking about a vitamin C serum...i totally forgot who it was though...

hmmmm now if i could only remember to check back 2 months from now....

I'm using Ordicine scar remover to treat my red mark. 1 month into it and I am seeing fading effect. I'm going to continue finishing the 2nd tube and post result in my gallery.