Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so ive been on accutane for almost 3 weeks and i have a couple of questions.... If you have answers or advice for any of them that would be awesome!!!! :D

1. What do you eat when taking your accutane pill? I drive myself crazy over this everyday... i want full absorbtion and i never know if im doing it right... ????

2. Girls>>> What makeup do you use to cover red marks??? foundation/powder/concealer... i need FULL coverage.....?????

3. What do you all do as far as not looking pale like Casper the ghost?? I am thinking of a self tanner or mystic tan to look like i have sun.. i mean i live in florida and its summer.. this pasty white is just not accpetable... ?????

WHATEVER YOU CAN HELP WITH WOULD BE GRRRRREAT! THANKS EVERYONE :wub:

1. I don't worry about this at all. Sometimes I eat with it, sometimes I don't. The only thing I am consciously aware of in regards to food is if I'm taking in a lot of vitamin A or not. That's it. I'm already taking 80mg a day if I absorb anymore I'm going to look like beef jerky.

2. I use Bare Escentuals and I absolutely love it. I'm a total make-up whore so for me to be 100% happy with a brand is incredible. Not to mention the condition of my skin is so much better since switching. I use to be a MAC girl, but this covers just the same without looking like your actually wearing anything....(Can you tell I love it)

3. Cannot help you with this, seeing how my Tan is permanent and all...But my friends that do tan swear by Mystic Tan. I think it's a safe way to go.

Well, I've been trying to make sure whatever I take the pill with has a decent fat content, if my dinner is kinda low-fattish, then I eat a tablespoon of natural peanut butter before taking the pill...

Foundation, i use Clinique right now, but that Bare Escentuals stuff sounds kinda good, Diva!! Then I dab translucent powder and bronzer powder over it lightly

I have to admit, about 6 weeks in, I started tanning again. "Only" once a week at most, but I just don't have the time or patience for self-tanners!! If I did, though, they're a really smart option. I like Fake Bake, it's one of the only brands I'll use. The color looks phenomenal, but u have to be real careful with applying it. Mystic sounds good, too. I've never done it, but I've seen a lot of ppl who have good results. And when I'm not tanned from my electric beach, I use Clinique bronzing powder, which is AWESOME. :angel:

Hey Jen,

1. I take it with either a handful of almonds (Mmmm yummy) or some cheese, and gulp a big glass of water.

2. Hey what makes you think guys shouldn't wear makup too! LOL, just kiddin. Although sometimes I wish we could :confused:

3. Easy one: come to Canada here where being pasty white is acceptable! hehe :lol: Ummm, yeah I've thought about trying self tanner, only because I'm NOT dry and flaking much at all right now. So I think it might work ok. But I'm a little nervous about what it will do to the redmarks, maybe I'll run a test first. But if you're flaking a lot and shedding skin, I don't really see the point because its either gonna fade really quick or you'll get blotchy.

Have fun!!

Paul

Not sure about the food and still haven't found a makeup i'm happy with while on tane, but i can tell you about tanning.

I have been getting spray tans once every 10 days now ive started tane. I use sunfx in Australia but I have heard mystic tan is very good. It's great in winter and will definately stop you from lookin pale. Just make sure you moisturise twice a day because the skin on your body will be dry and you ant the tan to last as long as it can. Just don't get it to dark on your face because it can make the marks look worse, but one spray will just blend them.

Try it out and good luck with it.

Ok so ive been on accutane for almost 3 weeks and i have a couple of questions.... If you have answers or advice for any of them that would be awesome!!!! :D

1. What do you eat when taking your accutane pill? I drive myself crazy over this everyday... i want full absorbtion and i never know if im doing it right... ????

2. Girls>>> What makeup do you use to cover red marks??? foundation/powder/concealer... i need FULL coverage.....?????

3. What do you all do as far as not looking pale like Casper the ghost?? I am thinking of a self tanner or mystic tan to look like i have sun.. i mean i live in florida and its summer.. this pasty white is just not accpetable... ?????

WHATEVER YOU CAN HELP WITH WOULD BE GRRRRREAT! THANKS EVERYONE :wub:

hi one thing i will warn all people useing this drug is that although my acne has all gone i was on this drug for six mounths and at the end of this ended up with server deppression. so if any of you out get the same sort of problem don't worry get to your dr and a short coarse of antidepressants will sort you out. the main thing is don't worry about it the drug works well but this depression thing can happen but like i said get to the dr and you'll be sorted in 4 to 6 weeks so dont worry just thought i should warn people of this side afect good luck :dance: