Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helltech

Summer Coming Up, and I'm a Swimmer....

Yea, so I swim nearly every day.... But I don't just swim once, I usually wake up, eat, shoot a game of pool, or play video games for an hour, swim till lunch. Come back in eat, play some games, go back out and swim till about an hour before supper. Then late night I go back outside. My regimen is going soooo good. But I don't know if going in the water is going to hurt it. I know all of my BP and Moisturizer will get washed off. Not only that but will the Chlorine hurt my skin? Please help!!! What should I do?

swimming will wash off everything u put on, but it'll also dry ur skin. just moisturize afterwards and do a realy goodregimen at night (maybe a bit earlier). don't skimp on the bp since the bp won't be working durin ghte day. give that a shot and see how that goes.

helltech i wouldnt OVERLY worry.

it might end up that its pointless applying bp and moisturiser on those days apart from at night

if i was to be perfectly honest with you, im only applying bp at night now as a test to see if i can fade my redmarks quicker

ive been doing this since thurs lastweek and so far *crosses fingers* ive not created me any more acne.

i wouldnt overly worry about it helltech, just do the regimen at night on those days. :)

I don't think the water will wash your BP off. At least, showering doesn't seem to do that with me (as I found out yesterday). Can't say about swimming, but I expect you'll be okay.

Provided, of course, you've applied the regimen properly and the BP has absorbed into your skin. :)

when i went to cancun, i ended up swimming everyday. after taking a shower to rinse off the chlorine, I just put on BP and moisturizer again, except smaller amounts of BP so i didnt fry my skin.

I dont know about u, but swimming in a pool with chlorine actually seems to help my acne. Everytime I go swimming for a few hours, when I get out my face always looks better, and seems to stay clearer for a day or two afterwards. Im thinkin it might be the chlorine that kills the bacteria, but idk. Oh yeah, did you have acne last summer when u swam? Did swimming seem to irritate your face?

Yea, true, last year it did seem to clear my acne. I just thought it might mess up my skin since my skin is "used to the BP". Aight I'm not going to worry too much. Thanks guys.