Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Girls on Accutane! Please help w/ makeup

I have tried so many makeups and it seems like none of them cover these darn red marks even when i use concealer!!! I want to feel confident when I go out so im asking all the girls on acctuane... what on earth do you use to cover your acne/marks and does not dry you out at the same time????????

Answers appreciated! THANKS

PS) I know this does not belong here but it just seems more efficent... ;)

sheer cover! or any mineral make-up really...i use sheer cover and i'm really happy. its really light & natural, but still covers. (i guess thats why they call it sheer cover, lol) but i would say any mineral make-up. good luck!

Anyone else??? Come on girls i know you all use makeup.. help an accutane sister out :wub:

To be honest i've been having the same problem lately. I have tons of make-up, and nothing covers it up completely. You can still see everything!!

I use maybelline everfresh foundation and I also use a concealer stick by maybelline. Makes my face look a tad better, but you can still see a lot of the pimples/red marks.

I use Clinique oil free foundaiton, then concealer stick over and then clinique powder - does the job for me.

When I was on accutane the only thing I could use was dior airflash foundation as my skin was so painful I couldn't touch it. It was brilliant and it covered everything. :D

J.lynne or Raesin Images MMU + concealer where needed. Worked awesome for me!

I used mac studio fix powder and the liquid Select Tint underneath it. Just make sure you blend the tint into your skin well!

And by the way, you are gorgeous so you don't need to worry about makeup very much ;)

awww thanks sarah.. i wish i didnt have to wear this junk on my face all the time but the marks are really dark and look horrible. Sometimes when I pile it on i almost feel like it looks worse than no makeup at all. It makes me sad :doubt: Lord I need my confidence back :pray:

About the mineral makeup you are all suggesting... i checked it out and i never thought that powder could give u good coverage.. also it looks realy complicated and knowing me, i wouldnt be able to make it look even... is it really that hard girls?

Any other suggestions would be helpful... thanks you all are great :wub:

Hey Jen! I'm not on Accutane yet, but I thought I'd throw out a suggestion.

I tried Bare Minerals, but I began breaking out around the same time I began wearing it regularly. So I suspected that it may have something to do with my breakouts. I switched to Physician's Formula mineral makeup--I've been using it for a couple months now, and it just so happens to coincide with the fact that my skin has been clearing up beautifully (knock on wood). I truly am not sure if makeup has anything to do with it, but let's just say I'm never going back to Bare Minerals (even though the coverage was AMAZING).

I'm very happy with Physician's Formula mineral powder makeup. It's CHEAP, only $11 for a huge container of it, it covers well, and it's specifically designed for extremely sensitive (aka acne-prone) skin. It doesn't have any Bismuth in it (the ingredient that causes a lot of breakouts for some girls who use mineral makeup). You should give it a shot. You really only have $11 to lose. You can get it at Target.

Don't be scared with the application of mineral makeup. PF mineral makeup is a lot more foolproof than other mineral makeups I tried, meaning it gives you a little time before it sticks to your face. Once it's there, however, it wears for hours and hours. And invest in a good brush. I bought the special Bare Escentuals face brush, which has flat bristles (like a stencil brush) and is super soft. That'll help application wonders. It was $30--more expensive than the makeup!--but completely worth it.

I also use Neutrogena concealer underneath on my stubborn red marks. It has some salicylic acid in it, which is good for healing red marks quickly, and the applicator is designed in such a way that you don't have to touch your face to apply it.

Hope that helps!

I'm still searching for my holy grail makeup....I've been using this Revlon "colorstay active light makeup" lately. but I would like to use a makeup with heavier coverage, but it just looks terrible since my skin is dry. Hmm I think I am going to go back to using this

Prescriptives Flawless Skin Total Protection Makeup

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2874728/0~2377...pbo=2381096&P=1

since it was a bit on the oily side (I used it pre-accutane). the coverage was nice too.

Mineral powder seems to onnnlly look good on my skin when it's completely bump free. so since I guess you're only dealing with redmarks, it'll work for you.

I hope more people reply to this... I really want a makeup I don't have to worry about. by the way your cheek bones are so nice so screw the makeup!

Springmore>>> You totally convinced me to try it.. im going tomorrow. Is it hard to pick out the right color to match? With my luck they wont have it :wall: THANKS GIRLYS!

Alright girls I found an awesome foundation!!!! Its by physicians formula and called "mineral wear" its liquid and comes with a micro sponge that you squeeze the foundation out of a smear on your face (its for acne prone skin!)... i used that and a triangle sponge to apply it. It looked GREAT! and covered everything without any concealer. I actually found that applying concealer makes my red marks look darker.. so instead i put a dab more foundation in the spots i need help in. Then I applied a physicians formula powder over it with a mixture of almay powder.. and last but not least a bronzer on my cheek bones... my skin looked flawless!!! and i did not feel like my makeup was caked on either!

TIP: I also applied my olay lotion and Mac face primer before to give it a more matte look :cool:

Yaayyyyyy!!! Im so happy I found makeup i love!!! Check out my log to see pics :razz: