Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've used PanOxyl in Gel and AquaGel format. I have difficulties stating it "is" working. Much more like a placebos effect. I've also tried Salicylic Acid which did help for a period of time until it just didn't work anymore.

It's strange that acne work in cycles. I mean, I can go from clean to really bad then go back to clean. I guess there is a hidden factor that control that "crap".

I've used PanOxyl in Gel and AquaGel format. I have difficulties stating it "is" working. Much more like a placebos effect. I've also tried Salicylic Acid which did help for a period of time until it just didn't work anymore.

It's strange that acne work in cycles. I mean, I can go from clean to really bad then go back to clean. I guess there is a hidden factor that control that "crap".

No offence but I failed to understand the point of this post. Are you saying that the PanOxyl only worked 'in your head'? I feel like your post was a little intentionally on the pessimistic side. But thanks for the interest anyway, any feedback helps.

DAY: 23 (week 4)

Wooooaaaahhhhh! MEGA UPDATE!

Hehe, Sorry. It's been a while!

OK. Lots of interesting developments (of a mainly positive nature). I think it will be easier if I use my original observation points for reference, so here we go...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- The number of infected pimples (anything red, inflamed or filled with liquid).

I noticed almost immediately after beginning the regimen that the number infected pimples dropped significantly. As of Friday 23rd June (over a week ago) I haven't had any new ones at all. Pretty much amazing! hehe.

-- The number of blocked pores or blackheads (anything containing a waxy plug).

This is the bad bit :( Since I've been off the actinac my skin has progressively got more and more clogged. These bumps never reach mega obvious sizes, and because of the BP they never get red or inflamed (in fact I the BP breaks them down after about a week). However, they are pretty much covering my face. I hope they have reached some kind of equilibrium and wont get any worse, cos they sure suck.

They aren't noticeable or bad... just plain annoying. If I can leave them be, I should be fine.

-- The speed at which my skin completely re-generates after squeezing a pimple (although I hope I no longer have to do this).

A little longer than usual. About a week before the scab flakes away, and another few days for the redness to subside. the main problem is explained below...

-- The state of any 'red/purple-marks' (if I begin to hyperpigmentate in anyway, I don't think I will be able to continue. Ive had such horrible experiences with this in the past)

Earlier in the month I was having almost the reverse of this problem, and still am to an extent. When I have squeezed a pimple (which is becoming significantly less often, say once a week) and it subsequently heals, scabs and flakes, I'm left with an abnormally pinky-white area of skin beneath.

I have been observing these closely and noticed that with about 2 weeks, and a little sun, they almost completely fade. Thank God for that!

But all that is irrelevant anyway. at this rate, I wont be left with any reason to squeeze in the first place!

Hooray

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, I'm only using the BP at night (genorously!) and the odd blob here or there in the morning sometimes if needed, and I have come off my antibiotics completely! wooo hooo!

Over all, I'm loving the regimen so far. However, I'm still not completely relaxed about it yet. The longest I have ever held of my dreaded cycle is 5 weeks, so I wont be happy until I have passed that milestone. Only 2 weeks until I beat it!

I hope this will be the last update for a while

DAY: 27 (week 3)

Hey again.

I was feeling so pleased with my skin today that I decided to take a few pics to show off :)

I'm such a poser!

Hehe.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The regimen is doing good. I'm starting to feel some kind of confidence building up inside me!

WWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAY: 30 (week 4)

Just recently, in the past few days, I've been having a few minor problems with clogged pores. Although they are no longer getting infected (thanks to the BP), I find that sometimes they appear in little clusters and become exceptionally larger. This can cause my skin to get irritated easily and go red, almost like a rash.

I find that the in areas where this occurs, my skin is flaking more. Perhaps it's getting overly dry and in turn causing more irritation. I will try and be more gentle and add a little more moisturiser to it and see if they get better.

Another odd thing I've noticed is this: Occasionally, I've had red marks come up on my skin that appears to be completely unrelated to a pimple. They just sort of slowly appear and get darker and then fade over a month or so... odd?! I hope its nothing serious!

Don't get me wrong, all these things are only very minimal, but I'm finding as my skin gets clearer and more consistent, even the littlest mark or blocked pore is starting to bug me! ha ha! I guess I should be thankful to be in a position to say that!

Overall everything is damn fantastic (its now been 5 weeks since I 'attacked' my skin and still going strong!)

Just like me, I am very clear at the moment and now that i am i have to look closer to pick out bad points. Odd red marks or tiny open pores bug me where i would probabily never noticed them before.

I dont know if you have same things as me but my face is usualy always clear but these annoying red bumps come up on the left side of my neck, then dissapear but re-appear maybe 4-6 weeks later! I dont know what they are called or how to totally get rid of them. When they disappear a red mark is left and it looks like the infection has gone but it obviously hasnt....

DAY:71 (week 11)

Wow... 11 weeks!

OK, here's the scoop.

For the last few months I've been sticking closely to my 'once per day' version of the regimen, which suits me perfectly. Everything has stayed more or less the same as it has since the last time I posted. All save for a couple of fairly bad weeks last month due to me unnecessarily attacking my skin like I used to before.

I'm finding the regimen has absolutely changed my life. Even if every now and then I have a 'relapse' due to my lack of self control, doing so once every 3 months is better than once a fortnight as before. I'm still getting terribly blocked pores, building up over the weeks. However I've found that if I pace my 'attacks' and ration them to only very small areas of my face at a time I'm slowly able to achieve a 'clear out' over a few weeks without looking like roadkill for days on end.

To cut a long story short, thanks to the regimen I'm clear and happy 80-90% of the time (around 50% before)

I hope I can keep this up... I'm off to Uni in 4 weeks! Gulp!

Thanks for reading, I hope this will be the last post for a while!

Hxx