Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mortalzim2

What foundation to use? HELP, PLEASE...

I am so confuse on what foundation to use for my skin, I am currently using rimmel lasting finish foundation but I find that it gives me the make-up look without really covering the redness on my skin, I tried using physician's formula green concealer with beige concealer but none of those seem to work in covering the redness. I do not know what to use, I was wondering if the new foundation that has water base would be a good foundation to use for me since it has no oil. Any suggestions, I am looking for foundation that won't clog pores, is fragrance free, and hypoallergenic that would be good for skin that is not oily and prone to pimples, and that it gives good coverage to redness in the skin that would be available in stores and not on the web?...Help..Please...

I've heard Maybelline Pure makeup and Almay Smart Shade are some good DS foundations. Pretty inexpensive, too!

I recently found the best foundation in the world! It's called Corrective Fluid Foundation by La Roche-Posay. I found it at Shopper's Drug Mart and they have sample tubes. It doesn't break me out (which is rare for me) it covers everything and doesn't magnify dry spots. I found Maybelline Pure foundation doesn't cover anything if you have pimples.

I am so confuse on what foundation to use for my skin, I am currently using rimmel lasting finish foundation but I find that it gives me the make-up look without really covering the redness on my skin, I tried using physician's formula green concealer with beige concealer but none of those seem to work in covering the redness. I do not know what to use, I was wondering if the new foundation that has water base would be a good foundation to use for me since it has no oil. Any suggestions, I am looking for foundation that won't clog pores, is fragrance free, and hypoallergenic that would be good for skin that is not oily and prone to pimples, and that it gives good coverage to redness in the skin that would be available in stores and not on the web?...Help..Please...

Everytime someone asks this I have to give the same response.

I ditched foundation and use concealer instead

and my skin looks amazing (more clear, and looks better throughout the day).

No foundation looks perfect on no matter what

and by the end of the day it pretty much always looks like crap.

I'd suggest using concealer instead!

My friend uses joe blasco (as foundation and concealer) and it looks awesome.

For concealer I like. . .

-estee lauder's double wear concealer

-mary kay's signature concealer (the best I've used so far!)

-maybelline everfresh concealer

I found the liquid concealers work the best for coverage.

If you really need foundation I'd suggest trying mineral makeup.

You can order samples from everydayminerals.com

that way you don't have to buy a big thing just to find out you don't like it.

Anyway, I highly rec. you ditch the foundation and invest in a good concealer instead.

It made a world of difference for my skin and how I look.

I looooove not having to worry how I look throughout the day.

I use Neutrogena Skin Clearing make-up, with a neutrogena concealer, and a light dusting of powder.

Chanel Double Perfection fluid makeup is the best foundation i've ever used in my entire life...best concealer is Dior Skinflash...both very expensive though, but last ages and ages :) and are incredible quality.

You should check out this thread

Click me!

I would steer away from rimmel foundations, maybe they have got better since I used them, but I found that almost none were oil- free. Also they are not the best quality DS makeup for foundations.