Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JaE90

Suggest A Moisturizer

i was wondering, for all the folks in europe (spec. germany) my friend has this lotion called EUBOS... it's not sold in the u.s., can anyone tell me what are the ingredients? it's a great moisturizer, it's not greasy and doesn't make my face too oily like the other moisturizers.

thanks in advance!

lee

I was wondering (maybe not the thread :S )...

Is there any way to prevent dry and flakey skin in these cold dry weeks WITHOUT using a moisterizer?

I seriously hate putting that stuff on my face :( I only wash my face with hot water in the morning, occasionally in the evenings as well.

Now during in the day it's ok since most of my flakes are gone with the wind...literraly, but when I just come out of the shower there's like flakes all around my mouth, chin and nose.

So my question is: Does any1 know a good way to either prevent this from happening or a good way to get rid of the flakes without damaging my skin?

HELP :)

hey. jus to check. any of you know which moisturiser to use that wont give white residues or 'ball up' w neutrogena on the spot?

thanks. is the cetaphil facial moisturiser good?

I was wondering (maybe not the thread :S )...

Is there any way to prevent dry and flakey skin in these cold dry weeks WITHOUT using a moisterizer?

I seriously hate putting that stuff on my face :( I only wash my face with hot water in the morning, occasionally in the evenings as well.

Now during in the day it's ok since most of my flakes are gone with the wind...literraly, but when I just come out of the shower there's like flakes all around my mouth, chin and nose.

So my question is: Does any1 know a good way to either prevent this from happening or a good way to get rid of the flakes without damaging my skin?

HELP :)

You might try Jojoba oil or an AHA product. http://www.acne.org/aha.html

As my moisturisor (which i use as my night creme`) is a 60ml bottle of aloe vera (fruit of the earth) with 3, 1000mg evening primrose oil capsules in it. I mixed it really well, and has helped my dryness alot. You can check out my log =]

Just wanted to chime in and express love for. . .

B000056KK0.01._SS500_SCMZZZZZZZ_V1090379

It's absolutely perfect. Prior to using Complex 15, my skin was really struggling in its ability to handle BP without the Eucerin miracle-potion. HIGHLY recommend especially if you're prone to under-eye-wrinkle issues and/or overall dryness in general.

I am on day four of the regimen and I purchased a product called Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion by Purpose for my day time moisturizer and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is SPF 15 (obviously), oil free. In the past I have struggled with moisturizers/products that sting and irritate my very sensitive and fair skin. This product is great. It is fragrance free and provides both UVA and UVB protection (very important for us pale ones) I only have to use 1-2 pumps to moisturize and it absorbs rather quickly and doesn't leave me with a greasy or oily feel. It is a little more expensive than what i had been using (clean and clear dual action) but was about 9 dollars for 4 oz.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this product? If you are still searching for a good moisturizer you might try this:

[post=http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=16594&catid=21503&trx=GFI-0-RVP-21503&trxp1=21503&trxp2=16594&trxp3=1&trxp4=1&btrx=BUY-GFI-0-RVP-21503]Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion

They also have other products including a redness-reducing version that i haven't tried, any thoughts on this one?

[post=http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=142235&catid=21503&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=21503&trxp2=142235&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH]Redness Reducer

Thanks for any feedback!

I think Sea Breeze Naturals' Hydrating Moisturizer is pretty good; it smells wonderful and absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving no thick residue. I think depending on your skin type, though, (I have combo), your face might feel a bit sticky after application.

I am on day four of the regimen and I purchased a product called Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion by Purpose for my day time moisturizer and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is SPF 15 (obviously), oil free. In the past I have struggled with moisturizers/products that sting and irritate my very sensitive and fair skin. This product is great. It is fragrance free and provides both UVA and UVB protection (very important for us pale ones) I only have to use 1-2 pumps to moisturize and it absorbs rather quickly and doesn't leave me with a greasy or oily feel. It is a little more expensive than what i had been using (clean and clear dual action) but was about 9 dollars for 4 oz.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this product? If you are still searching for a good moisturizer you might try this:

Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion

They also have other products including a redness-reducing version that i haven't tried, any thoughts on this one?

Redness Reducer

Thanks for any feedback!

I previously used the Purpose Dual-Action moisturizer, and of the half-dozen or so moisturizers I have tried during the regimen, it has been my least favorite. I would NOT recommend it. Multiple people in the past complained about a weird reaction where using the BP and Purpose moisturizer turned their skin orange, too, and while I'm not sure chemically why that is the case, it seemed to be a fairly common problem with that lotion. I also found that I couldn't wear it in the day because it didn't absorb well and left a white, chalky sunscreen residue on my face, so I used it at night, which was pretty pointless for an SPF lotion. It wasn't particularly moisturizing, either, in fact I would say even less so than the C&C dual action with 0.5% SA. In its favor I will say that it was shine-free, but this was because of the chalky grossness.

Just a ? about the recommended moisturizers...

I started the regimen yesterday, with cetaphil as my moisturizer, but it feels heavy on my face...is this normal? something that I need to get used to? I did apply my make-up as normal ove rthe moisturizer and I did not use too much...just enough for coverage.

I have oily skin anyways, any definitely do not want to make it more so, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with cetaphil.

I have been on Proactiv for 3+ years and I think I am immune to it or something...

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Just a ? about the recommended moisturizers...

I started the regimen yesterday, with cetaphil as my moisturizer, but it feels heavy on my face...is this normal? something that I need to get used to? I did apply my make-up as normal ove rthe moisturizer and I did not use too much...just enough for coverage.

I have oily skin anyways, any definitely do not want to make it more so, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with cetaphil.

I have been on Proactiv for 3+ years and I think I am immune to it or something...

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Cetaphil is a bit thick for oily skin, but it hydrates so well. See if you can apply less of it the next time. If you aren't used to wearing moisturizer, then yea it does take some getting used to.

alright... so I went to my dermatalogist and asked him to recommend me a moisturizer since I haven't really found an adequete replacement for the old Eucerin. He suggested a new product called Cerave.

It's the truth. I love it. Might even be better than Eucerin. I got mine at Walgreen's, so it's probably available everywhere.

OK, I have recently started using palmers cocoa butter forumla with vitamin E, softens, smoothes and relieves dry skin it says. It seems to be ok on the skin, just wondered if this is ok to use, because it does have some oils in it i think. ??

Cocoa Butter

Just wanted to chime in some appreciation of the Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer. I went to buy some after reading about it here, and although I've only been using it for 2 days I am very pleased. $14.99 is more than I would usually spend on a moisturizer, but if it works then who cares. I have fairly oily skin, but flakey too (even pre-BP, and I mean oily and flakey in the same places on my face, gripes my backside no end), and I thought I'd give this a go. I've been putting a normal amount on my face and then going back and adding more to the flakey places until my skin no longer feels tight. This is taking about 2 pumps, and I am still getting a little flakey (I'll try putting more on tonight), but it's a whole lot better than it was.

Even though it has SPF 15, and feels like a sun creme, once you rub it in it's fine, and there's no residue afterwards, and I can put make up on top of it with no problems.

I'll see how it lasts long term, but for now I would definitely recommend :)

I've been on the regimen for a long time... it works pretty well, I only get a zit now and then about once a month, probably for not showering...

anyways I've been using Eucerin Dry skin relief cream.. (not the face cream) it works well, keeps my face hydrated but on the downside my face is always shiny... so I've used Olay complete plus today and my face looks great, it doesn't look dry or shiny or flaky.... I've used it before and it made my face very dry after using it day and night.. I'm gonna try to use it on the day and Eucerin at night.... I'll tell you all how it went after a couple of days..k..

At a poster's recommendation, I went ahead and bought a couple of bottles of Complex 15 Facial Cream. After being on the Cetaphil, this stuff not only had to be used in GREAT quantities, it still never moisturized quite as well. Within about an hour I'd feel my face start tightening up with dryness. I gave it a few days to see if I had to get used to it, but it never improved.

I recommend the Cetaphil mentioned by Dan on the homepage. It causes a somewhat greasy residue, but that's better than a face full of scaling as with the Complex.

Go to your local drugstore and look for the "our" brand stuff that is made for THAT store. I bought a jar of Vitamin E rich skin creme for like $1.80(that's after tax) in a 120ml jar and it's great. Vitamin E creme goes on like zinc, very white but once it drys, it's clear and no streaks or yuckiness. I noticed that the cheap stuff is always the nest.

I have been using a new moisturizer and so far I am loving it.

Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion

It's not meant for the face, but it works great on my face. I have really sensitive skin and it is one of the few moisturizers that doesn't hurt when I put it on. It is great around my eyes. It doesn't make my face any more red than it already is (healing post acne marks). It also doesn't make my face shiny. I have a natually shiny face, even right after I've washed my face. This lotion actually mattifies somewhat. It has a different feel to it, but I don't touch my face all day anyways (or I pay for it). I also use it on my legs and hands since it is pretty cheap. It's only been about a month so far, but I'm loving it.

well i've been using aveeno ultra calming and i think it looks great after i put it on. however, after a couple days of use i noticed that my skin becomes more and more red. i don't know if it's related but i have small red bumps on areas i put the moisturizer on. i've stopped using it and switched to positively radient moisturizer. neither aveeno products do a great job at moisturizing but it isn't bad either. going to try complex 15 next.

i also used the aveeno ultra calming..not so good for flakes and during activity or sweating my face turned redder than ive ever seen it and it u can see it on my face wen i was sweating..cetaphil daily moisturizer spf 15 works better for me with the flakes and havent had any problems while playing but i am looking for a better moisturizer gonna try that complex 15 that everyone is talking about if i can find it

Ponds Light Day Cream.

Comes in a white tub. Very easy to apply, smells nice and isn't at all thick or clogging.

I want use Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream but I can't find online store which shipping to worldwide(Indonesia).

Where online store I can get this product and shipping to worldwide(Indonesia) ?

Thx for any replay

Maybe this question was already answered but i dont have the patience to read through 12 pages :wacko:

I was wondering where i could buy Eucerin lotion and Burt's Bees Beeswax Moisturizer(In the United States)

Thanks in advance :)

I have not gotten through this whole thread but I wanted to know what other moisturizers are good beside Cetaphil and Lac-Hydrin Five. I used them but they are a bit greasy and leave my face oily (oily t-zone). I dont know if this is a common thing thats suppose to happen, but is there something better?

I like using Kiss My Face Peaches and Creams but it has alot of oil ingredients and I hear its Comedogenic because it contains Isopropyl Palmitate.

I have tryd other main stream mousturizers like Olay complete but they did not work so well.

Any Suggestions?