Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daybreaker

Being a celebrity with acne...

How much more difficult do you think it woud be to be an entertainer with acne. I've always wanted to be a professional musician and I have a really good voice, but i tend to shy away from performance opportunities or meeting people that could help me out. Every one tells me I have the look, I'm working hard on my body, practicing and writing more. But I still have occasional breakouts and when it comes down to it I wonder if I will have the confidence to do what takes to get there.

I know there are people that that have/had acne like Britney, Alicia Keys, or Cameron Diaz. I can't think of any guys other than Frankie Munoz and he's still a teen. In an industry where like looks are so important I just wonder how much of a disadvantage I'm at. I feel like just giving up, but it's really the only thing I want to do with my life.

alica key's skin is hardly bad at all.....

its hardly acne

If you have one pimple on your face that is acne. I have 3 small bumps on my face right now and it makes me very self-conscious. You might think thats nothing, but when most people are completely clear it's a problem for me. I think Imight have a mild form of body dismorphia though.

you are overracting, his acne is MILD and Alicia Keys is even MILDER. You keep thinking this way and you will mess up ur dreams, stop the insanity

Guest Calibos

if your skin isn't NEARLY as bad as Frankie's then why would it stop you from doing anything?

you are overracting, his acne is MILD and Alicia Keys is even MILDER. You keep thinking this way and you will mess up ur dreams, stop the insanity

Can someone show me a picture of what is considered to a bad case of acne then?

if your skin isn't NEARLY as bad as Frankie's then why would it stop you from doing anything?

He was famous before he broke out. Who knows if he would get a shot now?

Guest Calibos

frankie is still making films and tv programmes, and there is nothing wrong with your face in any way shape or form, your a good looking dude and you shouldn't have any foreseeable problems in getting into the music industry, unless you're not very talented.

Severe acne covers all your face, google it

frankie is still making films and tv programmes, and there is nothing wrong with your face in any way shape or form, your a good looking dude and you shouldn't have any foreseeable problems in getting into the music industry, unless you're not very talented.

I know what severe acne is, but what amount of acne is enough be reasonably worried about? Maybe I need to change the way I think.

I think both Alicia and Frankie have mild acne....however, it's probably troublesome for both, celebrity or no celebrity. It looks like their acne could flare up to moderate if they don't work on it...... :(

Being an entertainer with acne, man- I would die >:( . All those close-ups, cameras flashing, television appearences, magazine covers....HDTV.....god, you can see every pore on your face. Acne- mild, moderate, or severe...you'll be forced to perform in front of people and meet and greet and smile and sign autographs and you know your skin looks like crap....hell, you still gotta face the world! Your spotted face will be all over STAR mag. and National Enquirer....no sir!! :naughty:

At least, being an everyday human/no fame, I can deal with my acne by my lonesome...if I wanna hide, I'll hide and not be bothered and no one really cares about my face except me. ;)

I would not want my bad complexion all over the internet! :shock:

The enlarged picture of Alicia is just wrong! :ohno: My skin isn't that bad, but my pix enlarged 100x.....naw, wouldn't want to see that....my complexion is a little on the rough side, years of battling acne I guess. Alicia's acne is probably a little worst....take off the layers of expensive foundation, applied by a make-up artist who's making at least 80k a year....but guess what, she makes the big bucks...she'll find a solution :)

I know what severe acne is, but what amount of acne is enough be reasonably worried about? Maybe I need to change the way I think.

Honestly, it just sounds like you're apprehensive about your chances and looking for reasons why you might not succeed that are outside of your control. If that picture is any indication of what you look like on a day to day basis, you look perfectly fine. There is nothing there to keep you from having your face plastered on CD covers and billboards everywhere.

Then again, you might have some kind of body dysmorphia, like you said earlier. But hell, if Seal could make it in the music industry, great skin is obviously not much of a prerequisite anyway.

LOL) just found this pic Tom Dleonge from Blink 182-he s got massive scars from waht ill call severe acne and he is still considerate to be VERY hot^^

IPB Image

Guest chipmunk_spunk

He wouldn't have been hot when he had his acne tho.

Anyway, how bad acne has to be to affect your life is down to the individual in many ways but 3 spots sounds like a fuss about nothing. I have 4-5 inflamed spots on my very good days, 15-20 on bad days, not to mention the red marks but i still get by okay.

LOL) just found this pic Tom Dleonge from Blink 182-he s got massive scars from waht ill call severe acne and he is still considerate to be VERY hot^^

IPB Image

:eh: what scars ? :rolleyes:

Guest chipmunk_spunk

Yeah, some people don't know what real acne is i guess :shrug:

lol Adam ive looked at sum of your pics and i think u r overreacting!your scars are less noticable than those of TD but you lack his confidance and self esteem.the guy with cystic acne has the hottest girls in our class just coz he s outgoing and fun.if u just sit in your room and read this forum u ll never get a girl!your post amount is a bit frightening mate,quit them for sometime and get some real life fun=D acne is just a small skin problem!u r lucky for what u have!enjoy REAL life;)

lol Adam ive looked at sum of your pics and i think u r overreacting!your scars are less noticable than those of TD but you lack his confidance and self esteem.the guy with cystic acne has the hottest girls in our class just coz he s outgoing and fun.if u just sit in your room and read this forum u ll never get a girl!your post amount is a bit frightening mate,quit them for sometime and get some real life fun=D acne is just a small skin problem!u r lucky for what u have!enjoy REAL life;)

OMG do you know how patronising you sound. Adam has been here for years thats why he has a lot of posts and for you to say that he should quit for sometime and get a real life when you don't even know him is just rude. Don't comment on other peoples lives and how severe their acne/scars are when you have no clue. You cannot begin to understand how acne affects people and if you did you wouldn't waste your time saying crap like this. And by the way jus because people post on here a lot it doesn't mean that they don't have a life, god I spend a lot of time on here and believe me I have a what you call "real" life.

lol bullshit.. maybe ur just looking at the wrong photos, try the second link in my sig.. my .org gallery pics on the whole flatter me 1000x then how i look really.. and still the pics in the other link are mostly taken with web cam

i dont know where to start or anythin for like going out anywhere, gettin on with life, with who, what have u so :| its not as easy as u make it sound.

from the pics u look quite good-ill say mild acne nothing more-if ur GP doesnt want to get u on accutane then ur just fine-like millions of other people.as i said my class has at least 10 acnd prone guys and i seem to be the only one bothered by it=p nevertheless i get on some kewl parties every saturday and date pretty hot girls .man you just have to have style ,dress nicely-which u all seem to have,and the main thing be outgoing!kust an advice!

from the pics u look quite good-ill say mild acne nothing more-if ur GP doesnt want to get u on accutane then ur just fine-like millions of other people.as i said my class has at least 10 acnd prone guys and i seem to be the only one bothered by it=p nevertheless i get on some kewl parties every saturday and date pretty hot girls .man you just have to have style ,dress nicely-which u all seem to have,and the main thing be outgoing!kust an advice!

:eh: acne isnt really my main problem at all now its only mild, i couldnt really give a monekys about it, its the scars that trouble me more then anythin.. i try dress nicely and what have you. well good for you if u get parts and date pretty hot girls while im still at home inidoors, thanks for some advice... not.. :|

:shifty: Anyway getting back to the title of the topic.... I do think it must really suck for celebrities with acne (not that it dosen't suck for everybody!) because the amount of public scrunity they are under. I mean in magazine you see 'circle of shame' features where if a celebrity has one spot its pointed out and scrunitinised. It must be hard for the having to deal with that, let alone if they really do have acne like Alicia Keys or that Frankie boy :)