Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just bought a bare minerals kit on saturday (which comes with 2 foundations, mineral veil, warmth and a brush) but i'm kind of having trouble using it. i have light scars (redmarks) but no active acne so my skin is completely smooth and the makeup is easier to glide on.. i was wondering for those of you who use BE for some help on how to put it on correctly. what comes first, second, etc etc?

I have a concealer brush and I was wondering if I could dip it into water and mix it with a little bit of the foundation to make it more liquid-y.. is this okay to do?

please help! all suggestions are greatly appreciated! :D

This was sent to me by Poker... she is not here anymore :snooty:

hope it helps you as it helped me

*now first i start off on nice, moisturized skin(makeup is better applied this way.)

i bought this synthetic foundation face brush from Sephora (i wet it a lil bit and then rub in some foundation(ur perfect match) in it ....then just sweep through ur face with it. u'll notice that u'll get better coverage if ur foundation is a bit wet, but u'll still notice that some red marks now look gray ....right?

so now this is where u apply the additional concealer ...i suggest u find a concealing brush ...a synthetic , very thin and point end...i got mine from sephora...its so small its great for concealing individual spots ....anyway, u grab this brush and u rub in some of ur concealer...in this case ...my mary kay concealer (for ex.) and just go away at concealing everything ...trying to cover things up and evening out...if u found the perfect concealer then at this step, u 'll notice that the concealer applied over ur foundation should make things evened out...like not too noticeable.

anyway, i dunno if u have ur maximum concealer brush that comes with bare minerals...but u should get it ...this brush is awesome anyway,...at this point ur gonna grab this brush and rub in some of ur foundation , tap it and then just lightly go over ur recently concealed spots...lightly pressing down on them , just to drop off the minerals on top, making everything the same color ...if u want do this with ur whole face ...i do it ...never looks like i have too much, just makes me look like i have awesome glowy skin and if some spots need a lil more concealer, then give em some more and repeat the process of pressing the foundation lightly on top of it till u can't see the red spots anymore ...

i always apply my warmth after this (w/ the face brush that came with my kit) i apply anywhere where the sun could possibly touch my face ...but then i'll notice some areas will still be lighter and thats because of all the concealer i just applied. so this is where i grab a q-tip and rub in some warmth from the lid...not too much ...just a tiny bit..rub it on my hand, just so its not too dark for when i use it...then i take it to my lighter spots, lightly dotting on my light areas ...and u'll soon notice that everything will be coming out evened out (same color) ...just keep doing this till uve covered all the light areas...if u accidently used too much just dab some foundation on that spot and u'll be ok and just q-tip it again with warmth.

i then use a seperate blush (bare minerals blush...i love blush) its called glee....u can and u then again u dont have to do everything im doing but i just feel that all this in the end makes everything come together ...anyway, when applying glee i do the same as with warmth...apply it with my BE face brush(brush that comes with the kit) and then go over any lighter areas with a q-tip rubbed in ur blush (in this case , my glee)...

then u grab mineral veil ...(i use alot of this stuff...love it) a face brush and just lighty go over ur face wuth it...and there u go...ur done!

Thanks for posting that! Im gonna print it out hehe.. i miss poka =( she is definetly a makeup guru..

I miss her too... she was really funny :lol:

Thanks for posting that! Im gonna print it out hehe.. i miss poka =( she is definetly a makeup guru..

yea..she always cracked me up! i just sent her a message on myspace..

yea..she always cracked me up! i just sent her a message on myspace..

:)

hey! I recently bought some bare minerals, hoping it would help my skin, and i wouldnt have to wear all that foundation.. but this i what i found to work... i wear just the BM foundation(fairly light), a little bit of the warmth, and the mineral veil to finish it all off on an everyday basis. But when i go out to important events and want my skin to look absolutely flawless i put on some Chanel poudre foundation... and then use the small brush in the kit to go over blemishes with the foundation... perfection! and it doesnt look heavy or cakey at all. --- with my BM kit i got a DVD that explained how everything went.. and it just came along with the kit... so if you bought the kit you should have one as well... hope this helped!!

allison~

hey! I recently bought some bare minerals, hoping it would help my skin, and i wouldnt have to wear all that foundation.. but this i what i found to work... i wear just the BM foundation(fairly light), a little bit of the warmth, and the mineral veil to finish it all off on an everyday basis. But when i go out to important events and want my skin to look absolutely flawless i put on some Chanel poudre foundation... and then use the small brush in the kit to go over blemishes with the foundation... perfection! and it doesnt look heavy or cakey at all. --- with my BM kit i got a DVD that explained how everything went.. and it just came along with the kit... so if you bought the kit you should have one as well... hope this helped!!

allison~

Yeah that's exactly what I do! On everyday occasions (like going to school..dont wanna look so made up) i just put on a light application of BE ONLY.. and then for special occasions i use my revlon colorstay foundation as a concealer (since its too heavy to use as a full-face foundation) and then i go over it with the bare minerals...looks awesome! i did that today for an art show i went to and my skin looked flawless. :)

The biggest tip I give to new BE users is to NOT overdue it on the foundation. A little goes a long way. I had a horrible make-up artist the first time I tried BE at one of their boutiques, I absolutely hated it. I gave it one more shot a few months later and I got the correct color, ordered it thru QVC and applied a lot less then she had put on me the first time and loved it. I even did a comparison with my current foundation (Prescriptives) and I couldn't believe how different they looked on me. While they both gave me fantastic coverage, the BE just blended in beautifully. My last tip in regards to BE, buy the kabuki brush if you want the most coverage. I've switched back to the regular since starting accutane seeing how I just don't have anymore zits to cover up:-)Good Luck!