Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JJRed4

Accutane and Alcohol

Is it true it is damaging to a persons liver if they are on accutane and they drink alcohol while being on it? My best freind is currently on accutane, and drinks almost every weekend, and gets drunk. Is this true, cause I want to warn him about possible health problems?

Thanks guys!

Is it true it is damaging to a persons liver if they are on accutane and they drink alcohol while being on it? My best freind is currently on accutane, and drinks almost every weekend, and gets drunk. Is this true, cause I want to warn him about possible health problems?

Thanks guys!

Well just being on accutane can damage your liver that why you get monthyl blood tests and drinking can also harm it especially binge drinking so both togethor is a really bad idea.

its okay in moderation... he cant go and get wasted every night because yes that is harmful. But he can have a drink here and there. When i go out.. i have 1 drink only and it usually gets me buzzed but not drunk.. but thats fine with me because i hate hangovers anyway lol :wacko:

As mentioned, yes, this can be very harmful. Although the likelihood of something happening is not that high with one or two drinks every now and then, it sounds like your friend is being very irresponsible with his health. Liver complications are a possibility with the amount of alcohol it sounds like your friend is drinking.

Is it a definite thing? No, and we hope that his liver numbers would tell us before something bad happened

Could it happen? Yes, he's making it much easier - and sometimes it just takes once.

Although he doesn't sound like the type to listen to logical thinking (which is to play it smart for a while and lay off the booze), maybe no one has told him? Just tell him you don't think it's smart and you'd hate to see something happen to him. Isn't is worth waiting on the booze for a few months to be SURE he's not putting excess strain on his liver rather than just risk it?

Hell, if he lays off for a while, by the time he goes back to boozin' it up, maybe his tolerance will be down and it will be cheaper for him to drink anyway! ;)

Yes.