Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im considering going on accutane. I already visited my derm and the paperwork is filled out...just on hold for a while until I decide.

Well anyway, I was wondering about the dryness that many people endure throughout the cycle. Does it get VERY dry with lots of peeling for anyone? And I mean like REALLY dry. Like the whole face is flaking. I have dry-prone skin anyway and Im no stranger to a little flaking here and there but its never been that bad. So i guess what I'm asking is: Is it worth it to have your face be practically covered in flakes for the WHOLE CYCLE???

thanks, peeps. I looooove this sittte!

I think the degree of dryness varies from person to person, I've read post where people have had only minimal amount of drying/flaking throughout the entire course; and others who have had it quite a bit worst.

Either way, I think a good moisturiser is a must from day one to keep things at bay.

And yes, it IS worth have flaky skin (should that happen) through the whole course. It may not seem like it at the time but the benefits towards/after the course outweigh it by FAR!

Good luck.

i flaked really badly, especially on my forehead and around my mouth. it was pretty bad so i ended my course early. my whole body was really dry, it was unbearable. but uit really depends on each person. if youcheck out the gallery i dont really see anyone on accutane with bad dryness throughout the course.

if you have really bad acne its worth dryness for a couple of months to get rid of it

Im considering going on accutane. I already visited my derm and the paperwork is filled out...just on hold for a while until I decide.

Well anyway, I was wondering about the dryness that many people endure throughout the cycle. Does it get VERY dry with lots of peeling for anyone? And I mean like REALLY dry. Like the whole face is flaking. I have dry-prone skin anyway and Im no stranger to a little flaking here and there but its never been that bad. So i guess what I'm asking is: Is it worth it to have your face be practically covered in flakes for the WHOLE CYCLE???

thanks, peeps. I looooove this sittte!

Lots of dryness. Just moisturize the dry areas every now and then. The drying out is good and shows the med is working well. You have to ride it out. I am 10-11 weeks through my course and Im not flaking too badly, eveynow and then I will peel some, but hey no pain, no gain.....