Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was on accutane for 13 months and it caused my face to scar really badly. I feel like the accutane destroyed my face.

Does anybody have any advice for me on what to do for my acne scars? I have tried chemical peels, facials, and microdermabrasion and I don't know what else to do.

I have provided pictures below, I would appreciate some advice.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Try laser resurfacing, I hear it works really well! The peels won't do much for the uneven skin.

Omigosh NO! Laser resurfacing doesn't work well for 95% of people. Please read the pinned thread about various treatments, read a lot, and educate yourself......that's the best approach to start with.

Also, your pics are very blurry....could you retake them?

I don't understand why people don't at least try cross and needling before undergoing any full-face procedure. They're much cheaper, can be self-administered, and almost everyone that tries it reports at least some positive results, and there is much less risk of complication. Hell, with needling, I'm not sure there's any risk so long as you use sterile needles.

I don't understand why people don't at least try cross and needling before undergoing any full-face procedure. They're much cheaper, can be self-administered, and almost everyone that tries it reports at least some positive results, and there is much less risk of complication. Hell, with needling, I'm not sure there's any risk so long as you use sterile needles.

Thank you!

Why are people still saying laser does ANYTHING for scars?!? :doh: :doubt: