Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneMustDie!

Accutane, how many cycles??

I'm a 24 year old female, I've been suffering with mild to moderate acne since my early teens. I've been on accutane twice and I love it. I've been using retin-a and benzamycin since Jan. They haven't helped much. My skin is super oily! I felt so disgusted when I woke up this morning! so anyways, I went to my doctor a few days ago and I asked for accutane again, he said he was just about to suggest that. But then he looked at my chart and said since I've all ready been on it twice he didn't feel comfortable prescribing it to me again. I was literally in tears when I got home! He gave me a prescription for Bactrim, an antibiotic and refferred me to a dermatologist.

So my question is, how many times can a person be on accutane? And will a dermatologist be willing to put me on it a third time?

I was on it three times. And my dermatologist suggested a 4th. I will be breaking the news to him later this month that I'm not willing to go a 4th round just yet. Plus, I thought only dermatologists prescribe Accutane, not your regular physician.

I'm a 24 year old female, I've been suffering with mild to moderate acne since my early teens. I've been on accutane twice and I love it. I've been using retin-a and benzamycin since Jan. They haven't helped much. My skin is super oily! I felt so disgusted when I woke up this morning! so anyways, I went to my doctor a few days ago and I asked for accutane again, he said he was just about to suggest that. But then he looked at my chart and said since I've all ready been on it twice he didn't feel comfortable prescribing it to me again. I was literally in tears when I got home! He gave me a prescription for Bactrim, an antibiotic and refferred me to a dermatologist.

So my question is, how many times can a person be on accutane? And will a dermatologist be willing to put me on it a third time?

Just wondering, how many kg were you on (also weight) and how many months were you on it. Also how sever is your acne?

Yeah he's been my primary care physician since I was 9 but he also does dermatology so he's been treating me for acne since my late teens.

And Nikki...when I was on it i started at 10 then after three months we upped to 20 and they were both six months cycles a few years apart. My weight was anywhere from 112 to 115.