Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Choppa

Two Questions about TCA Peel

Two questions:

1.Can I do a TCA peel even though I am still getting acne? It's not nearly as frequent as it used to be but there are still a bump or two on my face. And if so, should I just avoid those areas?

2.If I do it Monday night, 5/15, will my face be back to normal by Saturday 5/20?

Thanks.

Two questions:

1.Can I do a TCA peel even though I am still getting acne? It's not nearly as frequent as it used to be but there are still a bump or two on my face. And if so, should I just avoid those areas?

2.If I do it Monday night, 5/15, will my face be back to normal by Saturday 5/20?

Thanks.

1. Yeah, just avoid those areas so you don't irritate them. I don't see how a bump or two would be that big of an issue for the peel. If it does get worse though, then I would concentrate on controling your acne.

2. For me it takes about five days for my face to go back to normal, meaning peeled off all the way. This however varies somewhat from person to person, so you won't really know until you experiment.

I would try to get your acne more under control first, but that's just me.

You'd be a much better candidate for VBeam+Levulan therapy, but it's obviously far more expensive than a do-it-yourself TCA peel. PDT would not only help with the breakouts but it would also help remove some of the red spots.

re: "back to normal," it depends what you consider normal.

There is no way you can do a TCA peel and then in 5 days look as if u haven't done anything to your face. There are some people who are pink for a couple weeks. It depends on the concentration you use, etc.

I was speaking about a TCA peel of about 15%. Just wanted to clarify that for the original poster.

FYI, I'm doing a 12.5% TCA peel. I'm going to do it tonight and see what happens. Does anyone else disagree about me doing a TCA Peel? It seems to be the best option for me.

FYI, I'm doing a 12.5% TCA peel. I'm going to do it tonight and see what happens. Does anyone else disagree about me doing a TCA Peel? It seems to be the best option for me.

Best of luck. Please let us know how it turns out.

Okay so I did the peel at 12.5% and I don't see any difference. What should I do? 15% perhaps?