Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mman

What has been the MOST EFFECTIVE thing you ever used for your acne??

Well, I'd like to have a post where we can all see what works best for everyone. Whether it be Dans Regiman, Antibiotics, Retin-A, Differin, Nothing, Salicylic Acid, Accutane, or anything else, I'd like to know.

I think we can all benefit from hearing what works for people, and it can give me hope for when I'm using these products.

For me, I think that the most effective thing may be Differin. I have only been using it for a few days, so it is WAY to early to tell, but it makes my skin feel 1000x better than BP, and the marks that stayed for a month on BP are finally fading pretty well.

Well, go nuts everyone.

ACCUTANE!!!!

Without a doubt THE best thing I've ever taken for my acne. I've had no breakouts since I've been taking it, which has been for 3 months.

For mild acne/clogged pores I would say mandelic acid (although I just started Differin 2 wks ago, so I hope to add that to my list as soon as I have more experience with it!). The mandelic has done a fantastic job of keeping the pores around my nose area clear. The differin does seem to be working well so far too, but I'll hold off on adding it to my favorites list for now!

When I used to get more inflammed spots (pre-menstrual mostly) - tetracycline did a great job clearing my skin. I had no problems for over 6 years after that (and now just noninflammatory spots in a few places). I know antibiotics are not a long term solution, but I think if it is used with another product like a retinoid, it can be very effective in reducing inflammed acne fairly fast.

Accutane made me suicidal! Make sure you have someone who can be sympathetic to your emotional rollercoaster!!! I had moderate acne on my face until I started it. My whole body had a pimple in a few weeks into it, and I was extremely depressed. Once I stopped it, my face was glowing! It didn't last. Maybe I should have continued on.... It was just really hard to deal with for me. I cried everytime I showered and felt the acne on my body.

Hi all,

Spiro helped me a lot at first (I am an older female, 37, with hormonal acne and PCOS), although lately it is causing me to have non-stop periods, which really sucks.

Tetracycline didn't do a thing for me acne-wise but sensitized my skin so I got hyperpigmentation/melasma.

Best wishes from bookyone :)

only 3 pills into accutane atm, so can't really say for sure

best OTC thing i have used is tea tree oil and jojoba oil

worst is 10% bp

Prescription: had many good years using a combo of Retin-A at night with Benzamycin in the morning. But Accutane gave me 4 clear years!

OTC: Dan's Clear Skin Regimen.