Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has this ever happened to anyone else? And how can I make myself stop it?

I got made unemployed a month ago. It was very sudden and a massive shock to my system, see, I'd worked there for 5 years, it felt almost like home. Now, since I got made unemployed, I seem to be letting myself go and I dont know how to make myself stop.

I used to be always groomed, wear nice clothes, and always make sure I did things like shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows. But lately I just cant bring myself to do anything, I'm eating crap constantly and have gained 6lbs. I look horrible and I cant stand the way I am looking, and I feel bad for my boyfriend, we've only been together 3 months and he's trying to be patient but I bet he doesnt fancy me as much. When we got together I was confident, well groomed and I liked going out and having a good time. Now, I never go out except to get hammered, I look terrible and I dont know what to do about it. I want to find the old me again!! Any tips to help me get out of this rut? I am looking for other jobs.

Well, I think it's just a kind of grieving process you're going through. You said yourself that losing that job was a massive shock to your system and has probably started a chain of phases that will gradually fade out. I cant really offer any advice other than to keep your chin up and keep on going. I'm sorry. :(

Although, if you feel you have no control over what you're doing, have you thought about trying hypnotherapy? It claims to be able to cure almost anything so it's worth comtemplating or discussing with your bf at least.

Um, if u know its bad dont do it, buy some soap and a toothbrush :lol: , and clean up the place it will make u feel alot better :D

gotta hold your head up and MAKE yourself do it

i know i went through the same thing when i broke up with a long term girlfriend but you get over things like that aslong as you try.

lol i kinda did that, i couldnt be arsed making an effort anymore and stopped exercising, working and started eating junk food all the time. needless to say i started to look like shit and my skin went horrible :sick: . About a month or 2 ago i decided to start being healthy again and stick to it and i feel a lot better and my skin looks good and healthy again. :dance:

Think of a goal that would excite and inspire you... and use that to motivate yourself out of inertia.

yeh i just got a new job and its my dream job as well and i want to improve and get promoted and stuff so im motivated now, eating healthy and excercising feels better when your motivated and not depressed

How about doing something you've always wanted to do, like persuing one of your dreams? In my oponion thats got to be the ultimate motivator! :)

I'm sorry :( but now at least

you have the realization you are unhappy so hopefully this can motivate you to get yourself back onto a happy track. Sometimes talking about things (or uh for me, typing about things) can help you change. keep us updated :)

I agree with Mask, sometimes cleaning your enviroment helps motivate a person to clean thier insides (metaphorically speaking, that is). Whenever I'm in a huge rut, cleaning the house is the first thing to go - and when I'm working my way out of that rut, cleaning the house is the first thing on the list.

I was actually kind of depressed earlier this year - had a bad New Year's and it took a good two and a half months to get myself pulled out of it. I layed on the couch for hours at a time, didn't clean the house, could barely find the energy to shower. What really helped me was 1) being paitent with myself and accepting that I was feeling down and 2) giving myself permission to get out of it anyhow.

Like Jay said, it can be a grieving process. I would be more than a little lost if I lost my job right now. Sometimes (outside of the physical stuff like cleaning or going out with friends), the best thing you can do is give yourself permission to feel your feelings, but be aware that you still control your actions.