Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Brad Pitt's skin most likely on list cause he has bad scarring, not active acne. I've seen pics that show it, they are rolling scars! Oh, and article I read said he hates having candid pics taken because of scarring from cystic acne in his teens.

Cameron Diaz was on VH1, they showed her in an outside shot with like 8 or 9 huge red zits-looked cystic. She reportedly gets them injected with cotisone. I wouldn't believe it but saw it myself.

I give Keira Knightley lots of credit for admitting it take hours' worth of makeup application to make her skin look good. I can't believe she has bad acne! Should make everyone with skin problems think twice when they see all those perfect, glowing complexions on the big screen and on TV! Makeup, airbrushing, and lighting can do amazing things!!

In one of the Proactive infomercials, Jessica attempts to prove that she uses Proactive by performing the regimen on camera. The camera cuts out any parts that would have involved her makeup coming off, and when she goes over her face with the toner or lotion she does not seem to be touching her skin, or if she is, appears to be touching it very lightly. Also, if she was applying the toner to her face, the cotton pad would appear darkened with makeup (which she is obviously wearing), even from the back. Another thing, you really can't see how much product she pumps out of the lotion and actually applies to her skin.

In one of the Proactive infomercials, Jessica attempts to prove that she uses Proactive by performing the regimen on camera. The camera cuts out any parts that would have involved her makeup coming off, and when she goes over her face with the toner or lotion she does not seem to be touching her skin, or if she is, appears to be touching it very lightly. Also, if she was applying the toner to her face, the cotton pad would appear darkened with makeup (which she is obviously wearing), even from the back. Another thing, you really can't see how much product she pumps out of the lotion and actually applies to her skin.

I just got calmed down from an earlier rant, please don't get me going.... :mad:

This is a good site that shows celebs and skin problems:

http://www.skinema.com/Act1Acne.html

Angelina has nothing, still gorgeous. So is Uma.

What acne?.......they all had like one or two tiny puimples or some shallow rolling scars.....no big deal.....I wish my skin looked like any of theirs right now........

I know, me too. It looks flawless if anything.

i always thought amgelina had great skin....from what i read she said she uses whatever is givin to her ion sets

i dunno how anyone can just switch to different things like that and still have great skin

i wonder waht else she uses

yeah a lot of them barely have any active acne, its not really that big of a deal. looking at someone elses imperfections to make you feel better about yourself is sort of low too.

I think a lot of them take Accutane. I know Cameron Diaz did, so did Jessica Simpson. I have a feeling that Keira Knightley has as well, because she used to have problem skin (but after she got famous, not any more!). If Accutane works so well on severe acne, think about what it could do for moderate acne. That's just my opinion.

yeah a lot of them barely have any active acne, its not really that big of a deal. looking at someone elses imperfections to make you feel better about yourself is sort of low too.

Man man these pictures, people that don't have acne bitch about 1 little mark on their face?

Haha, seriously what a life they must have if they watch themselves every freaking morning in the mirror and they see 1 thing wrong they freak out ;o

They should do a little more research to things that are really bad, although i can not agree much that acne is that bad, i am already happy i am leading a health life apart from that.

What if i was blind? deaf? couldn't walk? have no food?

I'd take acne over that any day

HDTV is making people on television a lot more self-conscious about their skin. I've seen a couple articles where newscasters, celebrities on entertainment shows, and such expressed concern over HDTV showing all their skin flaws the shitty resolution on normal televisions can't. It makes makeup really obvious, too, so just wearing more makeup isn't really a good option. Just google celebrities and HDTV and you'll get tons of articles and lists about this, it's pretty funny to read about their anxieties.

looking at someone elses imperfections to make you feel better about yourself is sort of low too.

I don't think that this is really the point for this thread. I think it helps to realize that the standards people (esp women) sometimes hold themselves to are quite unrealistic. With all this media advertising thrown at us - showing us only people with perfect appearances - its really misleading. What with all the makeup, lighting tricks, camera angling for the most flattering shot, and airbrushing. Many girls grow up thinking that is what they are supposed to look like, when in fact even the model/actor in the pics doesn't really even look like that. Its not just skin issues either. Did anyone ever read that interview with Kate Winslet about the photo shoot they did with her where they airbrushed out part of her thighs to make them look thinner and forgot to airbrush the image of the mirror she was standing in front of in the picture? She was upset by the airbrushing - she said she thought her thighs looked pretty good as they were! Or that series of photos that Jamie Lee Curtis did sans makeup, hair not done, in shorts/tank top to show what she actually looks like at her age? I wish more actors and actresses would be bold enough to do things like that.

HDTV is making people on television a lot more self-conscious about their skin. I've seen a couple articles where newscasters, celebrities on entertainment shows, and such expressed concern over HDTV showing all their skin flaws the shitty resolution on normal televisions can't. It makes makeup really obvious, too, so just wearing more makeup isn't really a good option. Just google celebrities and HDTV and you'll get tons of articles and lists about this, it's pretty funny to read about their anxieties.

Actually, I don't find it very funny at all. I am going to be working on a project in HD and I have anxiety about it. Put yourself in their shoes. They are human just like the rest of us.

THERE IS NO SUCH AS PERFECT SKIN!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SCREAMS*

HONESTLY everyone from like 7 - 50 gets some degree of acne now and again... it's just a fact of life!!!

(This goes to the people that are aiming at an unreal dream of perfect skin that the media portrays as it's all airbrushed and heavily made up!!!)

Traci Bingham said "Oh my gosh i don't know why they have to airbrush me when they do it on the computer anyway"

not perfect...but u see people like angelina and jessica alba who can go out without makeup and still look hot

THERE IS NO SUCH AS PERFECT SKIN!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SCREAMS*

HONESTLY everyone from like 7 - 50 gets some degree of acne now and again... it's just a fact of life!!!

(This goes to the people that are aiming at an unreal dream of perfect skin that the media portrays as it's all airbrushed and heavily made up!!!)

Traci Bingham said "Oh my gosh i don't know why they have to airbrush me when they do it on the computer anyway"

there is perfect skin, i knew a guy in school and his skin was immaculate, not a blemish or mark it was litterally perfect skin