Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rio panda...

Proactiv is good ?

has someone tried Proactiv ?

I am using it for 6 month, at beginning it works...but doesn't work as before so far... my acne comes again... it contains BP 2.5% also ... I do not know whether I need to change other products ...

:(

proactive sucks and it takes forever to get all the shit applied and done

and then after your done you feel gooky and shit.. i hated it... stinks too

i used proactiv for 2 years, worked great for about a year and then in the 2nd year, i started breaking out once every 2 weeks (2-3 pimples) and when i went away for college towards the end of the 2nd year it just didn't work at all, my face was covered in 7-10 pimples at a time, then i started following CSR and it has reduced that to about 5-7 pimples and has made my skin feel healthier.. im only on the 3rd to 4th week and i skipped a week because the CSR gel took almost 2 weeks to come in (i recommend that you order numerous tubes at a time) so i had to resort back to proactiv's 2.5% BP and also tried Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 10 (10% BP) and now im back on CSR and i hope to see more improvement.

I will say from experience that I used AcneFree, which is the generic of Proactiv and supposedly contains the same formula. It worked all right for me for about a year. By all right I mean that my skin cleared about 75%. I went on the regimen (see my signature below for a product listing) and I am 95-100% clear after 4 months, meaning I might get one or two pimples here and there, but it is very dealable. I was never this clear on AcneFree. I would say if you are new, don't bother with Proactiv. It's more expensive than the regimen. Try the regimen first, and if it works for you, stick with it. Some people on this board have been on it for YEARS and are still clear. I find that amazing and hope that I am one of them. :razz: Good luck to you, and I am here for support if you need it.

I will say from experience that I used AcneFree, which is the generic of Proactiv and supposedly contains the same formula. It worked all right for me for about a year. By all right I mean that my skin cleared about 75%. I went on the regimen (see my signature below for a product listing) and I am 95-100% clear after 4 months, meaning I might get one or two pimples here and there, but it is very dealable. I was never this clear on AcneFree. I would say if you are new, don't bother with Proactiv. It's more expensive than the regimen. Try the regimen first, and if it works for you, stick with it. Some people on this board have been on it for YEARS and are still clear. I find that amazing and hope that I am one of them. :razz: Good luck to you, and I am here for support if you need it.

Thx ~~ gonna try the regimen first... and get rid of proactiv!