Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have mild acne and I believe I am also allergic to benzoyl peroxide but for some odd reason CLEARASIL DAILY ACNE CONTROL helps eliminate my pimples temporarily then after a few months they would resurface, I was just wondering if anyone has used this product and have had success?

Yeah I tried almost every BP product out there. They all pretty much do the same thing. A 2.5% BP solution is just as effective as 10% but with less irritation. I recommend you don't start BP if you dont have to. You should try something natural like tee tree oil. BP can cause an increase in sebum production, thus increase oil production in the long term, which can cause pores to clog up easier. In turn you'll break out even faster. I use trioxil. It's not cheap but it works pretty well.

I have mild acne and I believe I am also allergic to benzoyl peroxide but for some odd reason CLEARASIL DAILY ACNE CONTROL helps eliminate my pimples temporarily then after a few months they would resurface, I was just wondering if anyone has used this product and have had success?

on what grounds are you basing your allergic reaction to BP? This clearasil is a just a BP or saliyic acid treatment, it will only dry areas applied and may elimanate some surface bacteria. It will not stop acne re-occuring. If you are getting continous persistant acne speak to your doc, try antib's like tetracycline or other topical treatments containing anti-b's if it bothers you alot. Clearasil and BP are not the only answers..