Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrprogrammer

Does accutane cure oily skin?

Hi, I have moderate acne. With the use of the clear skin regime though, my skin has cleared 90%.

However, my skin is still really oily. When I say oily, I don't just mean a T shine after about 6 hours. I mean extremely oily. If I pat my face dry right now, in one hour it will look like a frying pan full of grease. My skin gets very oily and VERY fast, it's incredible.

My questions are for those of you that have taken at least one full course of accutane.

Do you feel that your skin produces less oil than it did before you took accutane?

Does your face remain oil free all day?

Are the results permanent?

Hi, I have moderate acne. With the use of the clear skin regime though, my skin has cleared 90%.

However, my skin is still really oily. When I say oily, I don't just mean a T shine after about 6 hours. I mean extremely oily. If I pat my face dry right now, in one hour it will look like a frying pan full of grease. My skin gets very oily and VERY fast, it's incredible.

My questions are for those of you that have taken at least one full course of accutane.

Do you feel that your skin produces less oil than it did before you took accutane?

Does your face remain oil free all day?

Are the results permanent?

I am 10 weeks in to a course and my skin is no longer oily now. Still a way to go but it definately has stopped the oiliness for me. Acne is going now too....May not be a bad thing for you if you only get moderate acne though, try some different skin regimes or change diet may help. I have heard some say that when they started moisturizing oily skin (with a good moisturizer) it helped even out the oiliness as the skin wasnt trying to produce more oil to balance out the skin itself. Do you wash and dry your skin alot, that can some times increase oiliness as your skin tries to balance out the dryness. I have read some people left there skin oily for a few days, didnt wash it as much and it sorted itself out. Trial n error i guess, Tough if your acne does get worse because of the oliness, in the long run you may have to look at taking tane for a short while.

Guest tired of this shish

Yes, tane does help the oil for a long time. It did me for 6 years, except I went and did something stupid and my oil came back. Not everyone has the same results. I've read up on a lot of people who have had their oil recurr 2-3 months after their course. Other people however, have had permanent elimination of oil (lucky trolls!)

If tane already cleared you up, but didn't help your oil, it's not going to regulate it later on. Meaning your gonna have to take it upon yourself to control that. Apply clay and honey masks and don't use harsh scrubs or chemicals on your skin that might aggravate your oil. Be extremely gentle and press press press sheets on your skin, don't wipe off the excess oil. I don't reccommend using those oil blotting sheets--they did me no good. If you want to remain shine free for more extended hours after washing, use a good oil control moisturizer. I've got a combination skin moisturizer which sucks up the oil in some spots while hydrating the dry parts. It's not a permanent fix for the day, although. I have to apply it like every 3-4 hours, but it's better than washing and then greasing up like less than an hour later!