Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beverly2

help me im losing the plot!

can someone please help me, i have very very mild scarring that wont go away, after my third obagi peel i noticed a big difference in my scarred pores but i peeled it off before it was ready and im left with more scars that look like lots of wrinkles, ive tried tca cross on one of those scars (wrinkle scars) and thought it worked but it was as the weeks have passed its still the same, i made an appointment with a derm and she said my skin wasnt bad enough for a tca or phenol but i personally belive tca has helped my skin quite alot, im really frustrated because i can see the scars and she made me feel stupid by saying there was nothing wrong with my skin, is there anything out there that can get rid of these type of scars or shall i just try and deal with them? my derm told me it wouldnt be fair to do a tca when there is nothing to fix, but she didnt attempt to look closely at my skin, on close inspection i can see lots of scars and im left feeling stupid, i need to get these scars fixed because i dont want to go out anymore, its ruling my life and i feel helpless. please someone help me. ive had proffesional help but nothing has worked.

The dermatologist you went to sounds like an incompetent jerk.

See another dermatologist that someone with a similar problem has recommended. I noticed that there are a bunch of posts on this board asking for dermatologist recommendations in a specific city.

A lot of dermatologists do not have much training in handling scarring. So a doctor will rarely admit that she or he doesn't know something, rather they will make you feel like a dope as if you were wrong to even ask. It's to aggressively coverup their own feelings of being an idiot.

Do a lot of research on your own. The information from this board has been very helpful to me. Some of the people here are more knowledgable about scar correction than a lot of dermatologists.

Do a lot of research on your own. The information from this board has been very helpful to me. Some of the people here are more knowledgable about scar correction than a lot of dermatologists.

I could not agree more :clap:

The dermatologist you went to sounds like an incompetent jerk.

See another dermatologist that someone with a similar problem has recommended. I noticed that there are a bunch of posts on this board asking for dermatologist recommendations in a specific city.

A lot of dermatologists do not have much training in handling scarring. So a doctor will rarely admit that she or he doesn't know something, rather they will make you feel like a dope as if you were wrong to even ask. It's to aggressively coverup their own feelings of being an idiot.

i have tired a few pa's in near by cities, one pa was horrible to me, he looked at my scars and said laser surgery would make my skin worse and chemical peels ruin the skin (what does he know about chemical peels when he dosent do them??) he was so unsympathetic i left crying.

the lady i saw about the phenol and tca said there was nothing there to fix but how can she say that when i can clearly see my scars, i cant even count them becuase i have that many!!

i really want to do a strong tca myself but i will be taking a big risk, i booked to get a 15% tca next week but it probably wont do much , 15% is the strongest they do but im at the stage where ill do anything now, i feel so depressed right now, why cant these scars just go away

Consider yourself hugged, Beverly :D

Don't get depressed, we are all in the same boat. These peels seem to benefit you so just continue. I strongly believe that repeating milder procedures is better than a strong one. At least, the risks are a lot lower.

Be patient although I know it's hard.

Consider yourself hugged, Beverly :D

Don't get depressed, we are all in the same boat. These peels seem to benefit you so just continue. I strongly believe that repeating milder procedures is better than a strong one. At least, the risks are a lot lower.

Be patient although I know it's hard.

thanks, ive just recieved the supercox 2x extra strength. does anyone know how well this works on flattened scars that look like wrinkles? i have so many products now i dont know which one to stick with.

Beverly, don't put it on your whole face. Put it locally in the scar and see how your skin reacts. I have samples of it I got when I bought the other products but I'm taking it slow because I only started applying the cp 2 weeks ago.

Here's a link to the skinbio board where people talk about the various products and how they use them. Highly recommended to read there. :D

Beverly, don't put it on your whole face. Put it locally in the scar and see how your skin reacts. I have samples of it I got when I bought the other products but I'm taking it slow because I only started applying the cp 2 weeks ago.

Here's a link to the skinbio board where people talk about the various products and how they use them. Highly recommended to read there. :D

thanks, these scars are wrinkle scars and most of them are flat so it will be impossible to put super cop on these countless scars without getting it on good skin, mind you, most of my forehead is covered in these scars. i will try after my tca peel, do you know if you can use super cop after a 15'% tca peel?

Bev, the problem isn't that it's "bad" for good skin. Some people say it breaks them out, others have no problem with it. If you intend to go through with these products, start slow with the weaker products until skin adjusts and built up from there gradually.

The "right sequence" is cp->super cp-> super cop-> super cop extra strength.

I've heard that doctors recomend the copper peptides after peels but I think the supercop is too strong.

Bev, the problem isn't that it's "bad" for good skin. Some people say it breaks them out, others have no problem with it. If you intend to go through with these products, start slow with the weaker products until skin adjusts and built up from there gradually.

I've heard that doctors recomend the copper peptides after peels but I think the supercop is too strong.

When you say wrinkle scars are you talking about lines that show up in the skin when large pores or pits intersect or line up to form an indentation that looks similar to a wrinkle? ive got a lot of those.

Post a picture. If every doctor you see says you have no scarring bad enough to warrant a procedure, maybe they're right. If we can all agree on the same thing, it's possibly you just have some dysmorphic disorder that makes you blow out of proportion microscopic imperfections that no one notices.

One thing I can tell you about the scar you tried to cross is that you aren't going to see much in the way of results after a single treatment, unless you're really lucky like that chick Reilly. You have to keep doing it every 5-6 weeks, usually at least five times, before you see the results you want.

When you say wrinkle scars are you talking about lines that show up in the skin when large pores or pits intersect or line up to form an indentation that looks similar to a wrinkle? ive got a lot of those.

no i have these lines from peeling off a tca peel, they are faint but really show up in certain light, i had a few before but not as many as i have now. i have tried taking pictures but my camera isnt good on close ups . i dont believe i have that kind of disorder, if i can see them then im not imagining them, my derm made me feel so stupid, i know my scars are very minor but they really depress me and i wish she would have just gave me a tca. im getting another nurse to do a tca anyway and ill see how that goes.

Post a picture. If every doctor you see says you have no scarring bad enough to warrant a procedure, maybe they're right. If we can all agree on the same thing, it's possibly you just have some dysmorphic disorder that makes you blow out of proportion microscopic imperfections that no one notices.

One thing I can tell you about the scar you tried to cross is that you aren't going to see much in the way of results after a single treatment, unless you're really lucky like that chick Reilly. You have to keep doing it every 5-6 weeks, usually at least five times, before you see the results you want.

hi femina, if you go to the gallery and look at river views picture of his forehead, those scars are like mine, if you look at his lines, (not the deep ones but milder ones) i have similar ones, do you think i can get rid of them somehow?/

no i have these lines from peeling off a tca peel, they are faint but really show up in certain light, i had a few before but not as many as i have now. i have tried taking pictures but my camera isnt good on close ups . i dont believe i have that kind of disorder, if i can see them then im not imagining them, my derm made me feel so stupid, i know my scars are very minor but they really depress me and i wish she would have just gave me a tca. im getting another nurse to do a tca anyway and ill see how that goes.

Don't panic. This is very common....my skin sometimes looks "crinkly" when I do a peel. This will go away on it's own...I've been told it's a sign of collagen development...don't know if it's true or not, but I do know that you really should leave it alone and it will go away. This happens sometimes when I do my weekly peels, but not all the time. One more thing Bev...they aren't "scars".

Don't panic. This is very common....my skin sometimes looks "crinkly" when I do a peel. This will go away on it's own...I've been told it's a sign of collagen development...don't know if it's true or not, but I do know that you really should leave it alone and it will go away. This happens sometimes when I do my weekly peels, but not all the time. One more thing Bev...they aren't "scars".

my skin was at the crincly stage when i peeled it off, and peeling it of gave me those scars, otherwise why are they still here? they are horrible scars, although mild, they are very irritating and i have too so many i cant count them, how do you know they arnt scars??

'Cause I get them too when I do peels and they go away......that's how I know they aren't scars. Give it some time and stop obsessing about it.

my skin was at the crincly stage when i peeled it off, and peeling it of gave me those scars, otherwise why are they still here? they are horrible scars, although mild, they are very irritating and i have too so many i cant count them, how do you know they arnt scars??

WHY did you peel it off??? :naughty: you said you saw big differences in your scarred pores..why didnt you just wait to enjoy your smooth skin?

WHY did you peel it off??? :naughty: you said you saw big differences in your scarred pores..why didnt you just wait to enjoy your smooth skin?

i did want to wait but i had a family crisis and i had to go out, so i peeled most of it off, it was a night mare, my scarring isnt that bad from peeling it off, its only noticeable when i point it out but it really upsets me to think my skin could have been almost perfect if i didnt peel it off, anyhow becuase it is minor scarring im getting a 15% tca next week and hopefully all my problems will be solved!! does anyone know how red the skin is after a straight tca, i would do it myself but im scared, is there a huge risk of scarring if i do it myself?

i did want to wait but i had a family crisis and i had to go out, so i peeled most of it off, it was a night mare, my scarring isnt that bad from peeling it off, its only noticeable when i point it out but it really upsets me to think my skin could have been almost perfect if i didnt peel it off, anyhow becuase it is minor scarring im getting a 15% tca next week and hopefully all my problems will be solved!! does anyone know how red the skin is after a straight tca, i would do it myself but im scared, is there a huge risk of scarring if i do it myself?

Not trying to be negative, but doing a 15% tca peel will do very little if anything for your scars even if they are minor. I just don't want you to go into the process thinking it will solve all your problems because you will be really dissapointed. I mean stay positive of course, but understand that finding something that works when it comes to one's scarring is a long and consuming process.

As far as the procedure, you can do it yourself because it is very easy and you are working with a mild peel. As long as you are careful, the risk of scarring when you do it vs. someone else should not vary. However, some people's skin react negatively to TCA peels meaning that some new scarring may be recovered or made worse by just doing the procedure (not much you can do to prevent in that case). When I did a 15% peel my skin was slightly pinkish, which went away real quick.

Not trying to be negative, but doing a 15% tca peel will do very little if anything for your scars even if they are minor. I just don't want you to go into the process thinking it will solve all your problems because you will be really dissapointed. I mean stay positive of course, but understand that finding something that works when it comes to one's scarring is a long and consuming process.

As far as the procedure, you can do it yourself because it is very easy and you are working with a mild peel. As long as you are careful, the risk of scarring when you do it vs. someone else should not vary. However, some people's skin react negatively to TCA peels meaning that some new scarring may be recovered or made worse by just doing the procedure (not much you can do to prevent in that case). When I did a 15% peel my skin was slightly pinkish, which went away real quick.