Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest booshleeka

I know for sure now, iodide affects acne and insomnia

Guest booshleeka

for the past two days, i tried going on that strictly no mucous/salt diet. other than getting extreme bowel movements and "real food" withdrawal I've been feeling pretty good. Acne inflamations seemed to be subsiding and i wasn't having insomnia anymore like i've been having almost every night for the last 25 years of my life.

then tonight, (it's pretty late now), i just got an unbearable craving and had to eat some real food. So, i went to the kitchen and gouged down some high iodide/salty foods. Since I've been iodide clean for the past couple of days, the sudden surge of iodide became very obvious: my scalp along with other areas of my body where acne is active began to itch, almost as if I'm "feeling" activity beneath the skin, seemed like my acne is "waking up again", also after eating all that iodide infested food, i'm suddenly feeling wide awake even though I was pretty tired before eating. it's 4am now, gonna be baggy eyed for work tomorrow, but it's gonna be worth it; at least now I know what's causing, at least partially to my acne, but i now for sure iodide gives me insomnia. i'm gonna try to eliminate iodide from my diet, i'll keep you guys posted as how things go.

We only need 150mcg of iodine per day. Over consume of it will lead to flare-up...so..keep out of iodine.Kelps, shrimps and algae have the most high rated iodine among seafood...people with acne should keep out from these.....

Not only iodine..over consume of lithium, pottasium will also constribute to acne...keep them out from your diet..

god bless you all

cheers,

garkee2002 :wink:

Wow!

When I read your posting about being able to actually feel your skin reacting to the food you ate I thought I was the only one who had felt that way! I'm not sure what causes it but I had a very similar experience when I was on a detox diet that eliminated all bread, pasta, rice, and other starchy foods as well as all forms of sugar. I had a craving for chocolate so I had a few bites and could feel it in my face...so weird....thought I was imagining it!

how serious is ur acne guys? to make u detox and not eat proper food and stuff! how bad is it? is it really worth it? and the first guy(forget ur name who sent the first post) 4.30am??? are u nuts? is this all for ur skin? how bad is it to make u wanna do that? shit thats so weird......fair play but slightly extreme!