Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey...

i have leg acne and it seems that nothing will make it go away and during the summer time and after i play sports it gets worst and worst its so bad any one have the same problem with any luck???

Hey...

i have leg acne and it seems that nothing will make it go away and during the summer time and after i play sports it gets worst and worst its so bad any one have the same problem with any luck???

Leg acne? I've never heard of this before... Are you a guy/girl? Do you shave your legs? Are you sure they aren't just razor bumps?

I have seen a guy with this before, though I really don't know what you can do about it tbh... You should ask the doctor before putting BP gel on it though imo because it might not actually be acne and be something else that requires some other sort of cream lol.

Hey...

Hey,

You should check out the 9 page long sea salt thread. One of the guys on that thread said his foliculitis was mis-diagnosed as body acne. Maybe whatever helped him will help you too. If nothing else, maybe the salt baths will relieve some of the inflamation on your legs. You might also try rubbing a little neosporin on :think:

I used to get leg acne, especially on my thighs. I really hated it. Nowadays I just get razor bumps -- I HAVE had one or two little nicks of acne on my legs, but they aren't noticeable and I leave them alone and they go away.

When you're playing a sport, you probably wear pretty low shorts -- ones that reach to the knee or so, correct? If so, the material is just irritating your skin, which is why you're breaking out. If you're a girl and wearing short-shorts, it's mostly just the sun and sweat. Make sure you're showering twice a day.

When I got leg acne way back when, I freaked out. I started using this stuff called Apricot scrub and I'd sit in the shower and scrub with a rag until I felt 'clean'. Surprisingly enough, this harsh treatment worked. It was like using that foot-scrub stuff on your legs. I would literally wash my legs in the shower for 5 minutes.

I was also doing sports and forced to wear long shorts. I got off wearing long shorts and switched to skirts and short shorts for the appropriate weather, which didn't irritate my skin. Jeans didn't bug me, either, so long as I kept clean.

Also, I definitely suggest using Neutrogena's Body Scrub -- the clear one, not the smooth one. That stuff works miracles.

This sounds like folliculitis, inflammation of the hair follicles. I've never een able to get rid of mine, but you can with a certian kind of antibiotic. I once saw a dermatologist and he put me on tetracycline for my acne, but he said that folliculitis needs an antibiotic closer to penacillin (sp?). Does it look like lots of smaller (though sometimes bigger) red spots? Mine is on the insides of my thighs and I've had it for years.

I have always had pretty good skin (a blessing!) until recently, I started getting bacne. THEN out of nowhere, I now have a huge(swollen) pimple on my knee!! OUCH! I can't bend down or kneel - in fact it hurts whenever I move my leg. What is this!! I shave only like twice a wk (I'm blond), I do exercise, so maybe it's from my sweat pants (that I wash after each use!)? So weird. It is all pus-y and everything nasty. Right now I put neosporin and a bandaid b/c I'm sure my jeans were rubbing it - HURTS! :(