Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colkurtz88

Jessner's peel

couple weeks ago i did a test peel right below my chin.I used the jessner's acid i got from the original skin store on ebay and I did 3 layers but the only thing that happened was dry skin.No peeling but just plain old dry skin. Anybody get limited results like this out of using the jessner's peel?

also anybody know of a good place to buy 15% tca?

couple weeks ago i did a test peel right below my chin.I used the jessner's acid i got from the original skin store on ebay and I did 3 layers but the only thing that happened was dry skin.No peeling but just plain old dry skin. Anybody get limited results like this out of using the jessner's peel?

also anybody know of a good place to buy 15% tca?

My test area with 3 layers frosted but didnt peel. I did it just below my jawline and neck area. I went ahead with the full facial application using 3 layers for 5 min each allowing each layer to thoroughly dry inbetween. I had to use a blow dryer on a cool setting to alleviate the burning sensation. I started flaking initially at about day 2 just around my eyebrows and nasolabial folds. By the 3-4th day the rest of my face started flaking and did so for about a week. Afterwards I used home microdermabrasion and found I had good results. I do believe it takes a few treatments consecutively to really get a good overall affect that makes a difference. I was happy with it. For TCA I like Original Skin Store on Ebay. Agecko(aka Julie, not the same as Perfect Complexion) is really good to answer emails with any questions. I also get my Jessners from her. I have purchased TCA from other sources such as Maillie and never again as it ended up just an overall bad experience. I do like Julie's products at Perfect complexion also. Cost wise Original skin store is very reasonable also.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Original-Skin-Store

email Julie aka agecko any questions you may have and she is good to respond. It may take a day or so as she gets lots of emails to respond to. I really like her product and have had no problems with it thus far and I'm pretty tough skinned. It worked better than TCA for me anyway.

Ohhh thanks for the information on the Jessner peel !! I looked at the site and I think I will order one soon..Although I still am a bit scared of peels..As I have never used a peel....

How or what is the best method to actually do the peel...Do you use gauze pads to apply it ? I am a bit fearful of how to make sure you avoid getting the solution into your eyes etc..You know? I am just not sure , as in when you are doing the forehead for instance..How do you make sure when you apply a nutralizer that is does not drip into your eyes area...Ohhh I am sooo excited to try it......But still a wee bit frightened too....Anyone have any advice ?

Ohhh thanks for the information on the Jessner peel !! I looked at the site and I think I will order one soon..Although I still am a bit scared of peels..As I have never used a peel....

How or what is the best method to actually do the peel...Do you use gauze pads to apply it ? I am a bit fearful of how to make sure you avoid getting the solution into your eyes etc..You know? I am just not sure , as in when you are doing the forehead for instance..How do you make sure when you apply a nutralizer that is does not drip into your eyes area...Ohhh I am sooo excited to try it......But still a wee bit frightened too....Anyone have any advice ?

Julie included everything you need in the kit. I used papertowels folded 4times into a square. Just put abit of vaseline around the areas you dont want it to get on such as your eyelids and mouth corners. Be sure you do feather up into the hairline to keep it from looking uneven. Neutralizer is nothing more than baking soda and water in your sink that you just close your eyes and splash it on just as if your rinsing your face. You can even just use clear cool water for that matter. Just keep the baking soda solution handy incase you feel it's overworking and you want it to stop quickly. Also be sure you prep your skin first by using something like a retinol cream for about 3-4 weeks first to help keep it even. I only did this for about 2 weeks myself before doing my peel and still had a good even peel with it. My friend didnt even do that and her's turned out great! Depends on your skin really. If you feel it's too uncomfortable then stop. If you see areas that have frosted dont apply another layer to those areas. Be sure you spot test just below your chin first about 24 hours before and also watch to see how many layers till you frost on that spot. It didnt frost for me after 4 but I didnt dare go beyond that for the first application. I'm sold on Jessners as it's also safer for those like me with darker/olive complexions. TCA 25% did nothing for me yet jessners was successful.

is there any risks of skin looking worse with the jessners peel?

and do most use it along side epeel?

im hoping to shrink enlarged pores and make my scarred pores look less obvious and also refine a bit of pigmentation. It should help with this no?

is there any risks of skin looking worse with the jessners peel?

and do most use it along side epeel?

im hoping to shrink enlarged pores and make my scarred pores look less obvious and also refine a bit of pigmentation. It should help with this no?

I really dont know on that question but will say I used it because I am very olive skinned. My ps recommended it as it's less likely to cause more pigmentation problems as others like TCA to dark or asian skin. I'm native american heritage so very careful of what I use. My understanding this was the safe way to go for me. It did help with the appearance of my pores and mild acne scars but I dont believe anything really "shrinks" pores. you may be able to improve appearance by smoothing and refining overall. But it will take a series of applications as with anything. Some people become disappointed when they dont see the full results of what they want after only one application. I noticed a difference after the 1st but was very happy after performing a series of them every 4-6 weeks while doing a good maintenance program inbetween.

Hi there!

There has been so much + and - experiences with peels on this site; do you guys think that they actually can help with scarring, if done properly and at a high enough % and/or repeatedly? I'm considering a medium depth TCA peel done by a cosmetic derm. to help with small scars/scarred pores and hyperpigmentation.