Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

Dermatitis is even worse than acne.

I've got myself a nice bought of steroid rebound dermatitis from taking oral prednisone (for only 10 days- I guess i'm sensitive). Anyways, now my face is covered in small, skin colored, slightly itchy bumps, and I mean COVERED. The sad thing is, there isn't much I can do besides wait this out, as my skin is reacting to withdrawal from the prednisone. However, my derm gave me some minocycline to take to prevent infection and to treat the existing whiteheads. I'm so bummed- I just wish my skin would clear up. If anyone else has dealt with something like this before, please post or PM me, as I'd really love some support. Thanks everyone.

I've got myself a nice bought of steroid rebound dermatitis from taking oral prednisone (for only 10 days- I guess i'm sensitive). Anyways, now my face is covered in small, skin colored, slightly itchy bumps, and I mean COVERED. The sad thing is, there isn't much I can do besides wait this out, as my skin is reacting to withdrawal from the prednisone. However, my derm gave me some minocycline to take to prevent infection and to treat the existing whiteheads. I'm so bummed- I just wish my skin would clear up. If anyone else has dealt with something like this before, please post or PM me, as I'd really love some support. Thanks everyone.

I never had it on my face before but I had it on my arms. My doctor suggested Hydrocortisone 0.5% cream and It cleared up in 3 days. I'm not shure If you can put it on your face though..

Hiya, just wanted to say I know how you feel :( After using some acne treatments and a cleanser which just didn't suit me I ended up with dermatitis and rosacea and I only wish I could just have my acne prone skin back.

Just make sure whatever cleanser you are using is both soap AND detergent free. You can use .5%hydrocortisone for a few days, they make that for facial use.

Some the natural oils can be good and healing, emu for example and jojoba for some people.

After feeling like I was finally getting somewhere, the temperature has turned cold (I'm in the Southern Hemisphere) my skin has gone dry and the dermititis has returned slightly. I also don't think my water is helping, I can taste all the additives.

Good luck, sorry I don't have any miracle cures but keep us posted with what ends up working.

I used 2% hydrocoritzone on my face for several rashes brought on by using harsh products on my face and it clears em up instantly but you cant use em for very long.. maybe a week, plus topical steroids shouldnt be used on zits apprently if u got lots