Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so I stopped drinking alcohol for about 6 months because I thought it was breaking me out. Finally, I just gave up when I wasnt getting any better and got wasted. Ive been drinking alot of beer the last month or so and my acne has stopped. Also my red marks appear to have faded. Maybe its just a coincidence, but it is still awesome and I will stick with my beer diet and see how it works out. Ill keep you updated.

I have heard from several sources that alcohol, especially red wine, can help improve the skin, and clear out toxins......

I drink a fruit juice energy drink that contains fermented juices, and it says it contains a small amount of alcohol.

I stopped drinking for years or rather never properly started because I though alcohol was bad for acne. A few years later I just said Fcuk it and started drinking heavily as I was so depressed with all the acne and treatment bullshit I had been through. And it really helped, though it didn't stop the acne completely. I reckon it could be due to a few reasons. 1. Alcohol lowers testosterone (my acne is cystic which is meant to be hormonal). 2. Getting drunk and having a laugh and not caring=less stress=less hormones. 3. Beer and wine and some spirits have many health benefts and especailly help digestion of food (bad digestion=toxins=acne, for some). They also have many antioxitants and vitamins and some other propertities.

I now always try and have a drink with or near to a large meal so as to improve digestion. Dunno for sure how much it helps with acne though?

Anyway, I would definatly advise not absatining from alcohol for the sake of acne. Life's shit with acne so u may as well get pissed and have some fun now and again, I wish I had done that years ago, instead of being a recluse. BUT I would recommend you only drink either beer, wine or spirits none of the fancy alocopop type drinks which are full of sugar, soda and other crap.

One thing that does break me out strangely enough though is Guiness. Don't know why????

I stopped drinking for years or rather never properly started because I though alcohol was bad for acne. A few years later I just said Fcuk it and started drinking heavily as I was so depressed with all the acne and treatment bullshit I had been through. And it really helped, though it didn't stop the acne completely. I reckon it could be due to a few reasons. 1. Alcohol lowers testosterone (my acne is cystic which is meant to be hormonal). 2. Getting drunk and having a laugh and not caring=less stress=less hormones. 3. Beer and wine and some spirits have many health benefts and especailly help digestion of food (bad digestion=toxins=acne, for some). They also have many antioxitants and vitamins and some other propertities.

I now always try and have a drink with or near to a large meal so as to improve digestion. Dunno for sure how much it helps with acne though?

Anyway, I would definatly advise not absatining from alcohol for the sake of acne. Life's shit with acne so u may as well get pissed and have some fun now and again, I wish I had done that years ago, instead of being a recluse. BUT I would recommend you only drink either beer, wine or spirits none of the fancy alocopop type drinks which are full of sugar, soda and other crap.

One thing that does break me out strangely enough though is Guiness. Don't know why????

what kind of beer do you drink?

Guest Calibos

i spent 3 days drinking heavily and my skin didn't get worse other than when i was too pissed to wash it one night, i was really impressed with myself, i'm drinkin a bud right now :D

i spent 3 days drinking heavily and my skin didn't get worse other than when i was too pissed to wash it one night, i was really impressed with myself, i'm drinkin a bud right now :D

Ever wonder why you get hot when you're drinking??? The reason is because alcohol gets your blood flowing much faster than usual, which is why people's face gets red, feel warm, etc... This acceleration of blood flow and increased capillary activity sends more oxygen to the skin resulting in better complexion over time with continued use. However, alcohol is a depressant which is defined as: "one that depresses; specifically : an agent that reduces a bodily functional activity or an instinctive desire." And as all depressants are, when you come down from your drunkeness, even if you acne is slightly improved, you're more likely to think it's atually worse. Maybe alcohol does help with acne somewhat, but we all know that the outlying troubles of alcohol are far worse than the temporary improvement in skin tone.

yeah, and if you get really drunk and spill hard liquor all over your face, it kills all of the bacteria. That happened to me. It was amazing. :dance:

yeah, and if you get really drunk and spill hard liquor all over your face, it kills all of the bacteria. That happened to me. It was amazing. :dance:

party foul! haha