Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bushie

Finished Accutane! Third course, 5 months . . . .

Hey Paul! How are you doing? UPDATE please!!! :D Seems that means your getting on with your life... which is awesome!!! Whatever happened with the wart? I have a bunch on my leg... ughhhh soooo annoying!

Hope your doing good! :wub:

Hey ya Ang!

Thanks for stopping by. Are you done your course now??

Paul

Hey Bushie,

Uneventful is GOOD!! I know what you mean about slow healing. I have a burn on my leg that I got on the 4th of July and that thing still hasn't healed. I can't wait till my skin is not so fragile. I see you are moving right along on your course. You'll be done before you know it. I'll be reading you.

Ang

I'm doing good. Acne wise, things couldn't be better. Things are looking real clean and smooth. Marks are still taking their time fading just a wee bit every week. But they're coming.

The major thing preoccupying my mind though is the "wart", or better termed "UFO" (unidentified facial object). Anyway, I keep everything moisturized but it looked like there were layers of dead skin on top of the "UFO" which made it stick out like a bump or wart. It started to look a little scaly and cracked. Almost exactly like a scab BUT the surface was skin color or a little lighter (white). Yeah, that's it - a skin colored, dry looking scab is the best way to describe it. About 3mm across. So I put a little dab of vaseline on it for a few nights. After 2 nights the cracked nature of it was gone and I was left with a little white "cap" that almost looked like a whitehead (sorry for being so graphic, its not quite this gross :-)). Anyway, I went to put on some more vaseline last night and it looked like it wanted to come off ... like the scab shedding. I pushed it gently and that scab slide off. That vaseline had moistened things up so much that the dead layers of skin slid away. I looked at what had come off and it was indeed a dome shaped piece of skin, pretty thick too. It had obviously been there forever. Anyway, that seemed to remove at least 50% or more of the height of my UFO visitor.

What I'm left with is a smooth area with pink skin underneath, much less bumpy than before. Now its like a little pink bump as opposed to anything resembling a wart. I think it really was a scab that just had an unusual color I wouldn't usually associate with a scab. Underneath I think its a slightly raised scar from the cyst that had healed from just before my accutane course. It looks much better on one hand, but on the other hand now it is much smoother and shallower but somewhat more noticeable but its it is pink/red now whereas before the scab kind of hid it because of was fleshy colored. My derm really didn't have a clue what it was, so I'm not relying on her.

So I'm going to keep it moisturized and put SPF on it and make sure I get no UV at all. Hopefully the fresh pink skill underneath will even out closer to skin tone. I'm thinking now, if this is a small hypertrophic scar, that I should get a very slight, diluted Kenalog (steroid) injection to bring it down.

Any opinions out there? :-)

Ok, enough babbling. Its all good. Outside of this mark, I'm very very happy with how things are going and I'm very much acne free and have been for some time!

Later guys,

Paul

I am not done yet but I am close, Paul. Tomorrow is my last day and I am so excited. I am glad to see you are doing well. I am very happy with my skin at the moment but I am also very nervous about the next 10 years :D Hopefully, I will stay clear for a long time but if I don't, I will definetely be right back on this drug...(of course you are my example).

I will be starting a post-A log this weekend. I will also be reading ALL of your posts on your log so don't stop updating!! I hope that you too will make a post tane log when you are done. Afterall, you are not trailing too far behind me.

Read ya soon!!!

Ang

Hey ya Ang

Thanks for stopping by. Are you done your course now??

Paul

Hey Bushie,

Uneventful is GOOD!! I know what you mean about slow healing. I have a burn on my leg that I got on the 4th of July and that thing still hasn't healed. I can't wait till my skin is not so fragile. I see you are moving right along on your course. You'll be done before you know it. I'll be reading you.

Ang

Hi!

LOL...I like your acronym...UFO! I've had many of those! Glad to hear the accutane has gotten rid of most of whatever that was!

K

Paul:

It appears the invaders have landed in more than one place.

Here's my theory; I also had two small UFO's show up a couple

days ago. they dont sound as severe as your visitor but

they are skin colored raised bumps that when scratched off

leave a pink patch underneath. They do have thick dead skin

on top, like a scab ...but not really a true scab. Anyway, I had

gotten scratched by my cat on that very spot back in May

and I think the tane is doing something to the previously

injured skin that it is not doing anywhere else.

I searched the fourm for the effects of accutane on

previously injured skin but can't find anything concrete.

Maybe I'll post in the RX fourm and see what those

folks have to say....

have any ideas?

Paul,

I don't believe in UFO's any more! :) :) :)

P&W

LOL. Well I didn't either until I actually saw them with my own eyes!

DAY 116

Well I'm still on 60mg and doing well. Still no acne.... its a done deal. Marks still healing. My UFO/wart/whatever is still there :-( The scab peeled off and the texture is better... but its more red now but it has softened in the last few days. Its worse if I work out at the gym as my skin seems to flush and the mark looks really red. pleeease go away .... I'm anxious to finish my course so my skin can really heal properly and maybe this mark will heal itself up. Please no scar :pray:

Anyway, I haven't had a pimple in recent memory, so that's great. It works once again! Anyway, I'm coming up on my 4 month mark in a few days. I'm gonna stop at 5 months, but i am considering upping my dose to 80mg for the last stretch of 30 days just to make sure I knock the wind out of this crap.

Ok, well, just thought I'd give a quick update. I'll be so glad to get my life back to normal after this. I really feel like EVERYTHING has been on hold because of this! I know that's not the right attitude but I can't help it. Having acne is socially crippling for me. But I'm a fighter, and I'm on the winning end. :)

Cheers all!

Paul

Woah great that you have only 1 month and a few days left..Fantastic.. :clap: Sounds that you're doing pretty well the last weeks. Yup skin healing is defo a problem during accutane. It feels like it takes years for the skin to heal. But I'm sure it will normalize off accutane!!

btw what overall dose will you reach at the end of your course? I think I'll go on till 100mg/kg...

Way to go dude!

cj

hey CJ.... if I go for the 80mg for my last 30 days, I'll hit 107mg/kg.

Woah great that you have only 1 month and a few days left..Fantastic.. :clap: Sounds that you're doing pretty well the last weeks. Yup skin healing is defo a problem during accutane. It feels like it takes years for the skin to heal. But I'm sure it will normalize off accutane!!

btw what overall dose will you reach at the end of your course? I think I'll go on till 100mg/kg...

Way to go dude!

cj

Bushie,

Go for the 80 mgs. I am on 2 days post accutane. As you know I was 80 mgs for 5 mos. My very last month it was obvious that accutane was at full strength in my body even more than the previous 4 months. Unless blood work shows otherwise I think you should do it. Best of luck!!

Ang

Hey Bushie,

So so glad to hear things are going well. Except that UFO. That was the most detailed description of anything I have ever read. Now I have this vivid image sitting behind my eyes. Not sure I have any idea what youre talking about though. I'm sure its perfectly normal...

Anyway, what are people suposed to reach, dose wise. I think I'll have taken 200mg/kg by the end of this month. That seems really high doesnt it? Oh well, no going back now!

Anyway, keep up the good work, and goodluck with UFO.

Andy

UPDATE

hey guys, does it matter what day # it is any more?

Well there is one thing for sure, Accutane causes a time warp side effect which causes time to pass quicker when on the drug. That's good news! :D

Anyway, today marks another milestone. The day that i start counting DOWN to completion rather than FROM the start. 30 day left!!!!! Thank god, i can't wait to get rid of this.

I also started on 80mg (up from 60mg) two days ago. I'm doing my last 30 days on 80 mg. Actually it might actually wind up being 40 days on 80mg because it seems I will have some left over from my prescription. I'm thinking I might just use it up. But I'm still thinking of it as 30 days left and if I decide to finish all the pills that's a bonus AT MY DISCRETION. :lol:

Everything is still going perfect acne wise. Clear as a bell, just marks. Still fading. The UFO is definitely better. i got rid of the scab with vaseline and the redness has faded a fair bit. It does seem to slowly (very) get better over time. Hopefully when I'm off the Accutane it will drift away and go back to its home planet.

Alright well enough blabber. Hope everyone is doing ok!

peace brothers and sisters ....

bushie,

Sound like you're doing great! If your experience is like mine, you'll have lots of clear days ahead! And on your third course, I bet this will be the one that finally knocks the acne out for good.

P&W

bushie,

Sound like you're doing great! If your experience is like mine, you'll have lots of clear days ahead! And on your third course, I bet this will be the one that finally knocks the acne out for good.

P&W

Amen to that P&W.

Paul,

Sounds like you are on a good track. I, like P&W, think that your 3rd time is going to be your last. Keep posting, I love reading your log.

Read ya soon,

Ang

Hey Guys,

27 days to go...... Now THAT's cool :cool:

Anyway, good news. The wart thingy I've been groaning about has definitely gotten a lot better... smaller and much less red. I'm VERY happy about that. Avoiding the sun is key i think. Hopefully it will drift away once i'm rid of the Tane.

Other than that, still ZERO acne.... its been utterly zapped! Feels so great to stop stressing out every morning at the idea of a new cyst.

I'm still doing the 80mg through the home stretch.

take care all!

Paul

Hi bushie...

Wow, I can't believe you are almost done! Congrats to you! :clap: You made it look easy! (or maybe all the wart talk was just a distraction... :think: ) (jj) I'm happy you are clear and loving it! You deserve it! L

Hey Bushie!

Thanks for stopping by my log! Im glad your happy with your skin.. Yes sun is bad for warts, I am first witness to that :doh:

Are you planning on using any topicals afterwards?

Well I hope your last month goes great!!! :cool:

I honestly don't know if I could handle 3 courses. I'm on my first one and I'm in hell. bushie you're obviously much stronger than me! Best of luck to you that this is the last course ever!! (Ever Ever Ever as long as you shall live)

Hey guys... its been SOOOO LONG.

Just a quick update. I have 4 days left!!!! Then I'm done. No active acne for the past few months. Cured

Had my final derm checkup today.

I will have a small pink mark from this wart-like lesion. My derm today indicate that she's pretty confident it is a "pyogenic granuloma" which is a rare side effect of accutane. Anybody else know about this? She measured it again and it is improving. She feels pretty sure that it will go away after Accutane is stopped. Let's hope so! Otherwise she said it can be treated in a variety of ways. I am just hoping to avoid a scar :pray:

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing great and I miss hearing from ya'll.

Cheers,

Paul

Hey Paul. Can't say that I've ever heard of a "pyogenic granuloma" but I will be looking it up. So, today was your last day of TANE!! :dance: Congrats!!!

hi guys....

Well today is it. A few moments ago, I just popped MY LAST ACCUTANE PILL!!!! It gave me the finger just as I was putting it in my mouth, but that's OK cause I hate that little yellow critter too! Then I forgave him, because about 300 of his buddies CURED MY ACNE. :D

Anyway, I've been 100% clear of acne for over 2 months now, so the stuff worked well for me. It should, its my 3rd time!

I'm so glad to be free of this drug. I've been really tired lately and just sluggish and can't wait to get this stuff out of my blood and get my life back again.

Thanks so much to everyone that has given me support - I really appreciate it. I truly hope everyone gets as good results with Accutane as I did.

I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing.

cheers!

Paul

hi guys....

Well today is it. A few moments ago, I just popped MY LAST ACCUTANE PILL!!!! It gave me the finger just as I was putting it in my mouth, but that's OK cause I hate that little yellow critter too! Then I forgave him, because about 300 of his buddies CURED MY ACNE. :D

Anyway, I've been 100% clear of acne for over 2 months now, so the stuff worked well for me. It should, its my 3rd time!

I'm so glad to be free of this drug. I've been really tired lately and just sluggish and can't wait to get this stuff out of my blood and get my life back again.

Thanks so much to everyone that has given me support - I really appreciate it. I truly hope everyone gets as good results with Accutane as I did.

I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing.

cheers!

Here's to many CLEAR days!!!!!!!!!!! Muah!!!!