Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey good evening everybody,

Im new here but wow, how happy I am to have stumbled across this site. Support or what! Hope or what! fantastic! Ill give you the low down. Im 21, have had spots since being a young teen I guess. In recent years my main misery areas are my forehead and my chin. Forehead actually doesnt bother me as much as my chin. Ive noticed lately that im being left with, weep weep, red marks and the occasional little hole! My acne isnt terrible, I always have pimples dotted around, and theres always at least one biggish sore one either present or getting itself ready to make an appearence. I do the sin of all sins and I do pick/squeeze my spots - I really really gottas stop doing that..but they ask for it! I try not let it get me down, but every other morning I wake up like AARRGGHHHH lol never ending it seems, will it ever end...soemtimes I do wonder that!

Now this regime ive been reading about. Hey im willing to give anything a go. Ive tried almost everything my doctor has been willing to offer me. The contraceptive pill Dianete was very effective for me previously but my doctor took me off that, but any girls out there whom have not tried this should maybe mention it to their doctor. My regime at the momet is basically a dermalogica regime; cleanser,toner and moisturizer. I would be wary coming off my regime. And my main concern is dry skin. I use a topical solution called dalacin on my skin after moisturize every evening, and that does dry my skin, and it seems the new regime would be very drying! And that scares me! Worth it though im sure..oh but what a pain meantime!

Few questions if I may;

Would I only apply the BP to my forehead/chin even though its not unusual for me to get pimples elsewhere, basically pimples are not ever present in the other areas!?

Just how dry is dry? Id like a vivid description if somebody is willing to share!

The must ask question - just how long before I would see improvement, and does infact this regime diminish acne?

And im guessing the regime does not aid scars already present?

Thanks for taking the time to read people! Hopefully(fingers crossed) I will get a reply soon, and I can actually start thinking about beginning The regime!

Thanks again

XX

Hey there, first of all i'd like to wish you good luck on the regimen there may be many times you think about giving up mainly at the start but stick with it and you'll see results! You're acne sounds like exactly the severity/type that I have it didn't take me long to start clearing up. In answer to you questions.

- Would I only apply the BP to my forehead/chin even though its not unusual for me to get pimples elsewhere, basically pimples are not ever present in the other areas!?

I would apply only to where you get it the most but make sure that whole area is covered, don't 'spot treat'. I miss out the area under my eyes and my cheeks.

- Just how dry is dry?

Dry is very dry i'm afraid, the first few days you'll feel like your face is about to fall off and you'll need alot of moisturiser to stop the flaking, once your face gets used to the BP you'll see that the flaking stops (for me it was after about a week) and now I only need to use a small amount of moisturiser.

- The must ask question - just how long before I would see improvement, and does infact this regime diminish acne?

Your acne sounds very similar to mine and i started to see major results as soon as 1 month, by 2 months I had none left and now at 3 months i'm just waiting for the red marks to fade

-And im guessing the regime does not aid scars already present?

You guessed correctly but once your clear you can add in other things to help with the removal of red marks and scars.

A couple of tips too;

-be gentle! I can't stress this enough, there's plenty of times where i've rubbed too hard it's caused a breakout

- Don't pick! I know it's touch but sit on your hands or something :P

- At the start of the regimen you will get extra breakouts don't be put off by this because they clear quick it's simply your skin being 'purged'

That's about all the advice I can offer, once again I wish you good luck with regimen and here's hoping you clear up fast!

Hi there, and thank you for speedy response, much appreciated!

can i just say I am loving this site so much! Ive just been trying to research the dalacin topical solution my doc prescribes me, and I think, though am not 100% certain, but I think it may contain BP, yet another bloomin question im afraid lol, but could anyone confirm this for me!?

On the bottle it says contains clindamycin phosphate BP equivalent to 10mg clindamycin. Does that make any sense to anyone? When I looked up a site looking at purchasing BP online, my dalacin cropped up, actually first on list, but it didnt have a list of ingredients so couldnt like confirm!

As for your dry remarks, those were quite frankly dreaded words. I actually think it quite an excessive reaction for my fairly moderate acne. Very very offputting. But if im using BP already, with my dalacin, hey my skin is used to that, not mega flakey or anything, so that would really give me a boost, give me confidence, and id know that I dont need to change my routine too much. At present I do apply the dalacin after moisturize(dermalogica oil control lotion - oil free),and as of tonight im gonna apply it b4!

Skin purging is quite a violent term me thinks lol, ill need to look into that and find out what it really means!

Thanks for response and taking the time, thank you thank you

XX

Hi there,

Again thanks for the through reply. Im still not entirely sure from your response whether my dalacin contains BP or not lol But im guessing it does, hopefully anyway!

I thought I had been struck down with a site curse as I woke on sunday morning with two killer spots on my chin, hey was all my own doing, I had a mighty squeeze session on saturday night, but what a downer on sunday morning!

But I thought OK, ill do the routine, washed my face with a plain unperfumed soap, waited till my face was dry, applied my dalacin to forehead and chin, skin felt dry dry dry..i need moisture! After 5 mins I applied loads of moisturiser, and although slightly tight, felt ok.

I then went to the gym, sweated buckets...and hey sweat aint good for spots is it. So after gym I did this routine of mines once more. And then again in the evening. I wondered if three times was a tad excessive, but im sure you can appreciate I had to wash my face three times that day!

Now ive woken up monday morning, today, and wow, the spots are not blazing red, not screaming out, they were mere light red marks, basically spots that are well on the way out! And I was so chuffed! I didnt do the routine this morning, as really didnt fancy the dry face feel/look at work, but plan to do it again tonight. And im sure i read that in the beginning one should only apply the BP once/day.

Ive been kind of pondering a bit, as to why this routine works, I mean im using practically the same products i used prevously, the difference being I apply BP pre moisturize, and trying to be very gentle on the application, strange and wonderful that such simple alterations might make a big difference!

Im not 100% certain im doing the routine correctly, so maybe I could ask yet another question lol

Plain unperfumed soap is acceptable?

Dalacin is acceptable?

Dermalogica oil control lotion - oil free - ive kinda figured this is acceptable!

But basically three products, simple application, am I really partaking on the routine properly!? I hope I am! Cos im happy with it so far, am me doesnt really want to change my products :D

Thanks for taking time to read, and any response much appreciated

XX