Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I was just wondering, how many of you guys use Pears soap as a cleanser. Do you think it's a good cleanser? Does it wash off makeup? Have any of you guys experienced any break outs as a result of using it? How does your skin feel after washing with it? Tight? normal? clean? :think:

I'm considering to use it, but I dont want to change what I'm using at the moment only to find that I'm going back 10 steps with my skin, hence why I'm asking all you lovely people first about your experience with it :angel:

Edit:

where did the poll I made go? :doh::eh:

i recomend ACT washbar from boots if u want a cleansing bar.

its bloody good i tel thee!

ye thats teh act bar,

its designed to be used with the act moisturiser to fight acne.

im not sure if its got active acne ingredients in, but i know it cleared my cheeks up without the need for bp.

and now i just apply bp on chin area to make sure i dont get breakouts.

id highly recomend at least trying it as its cheap and worked really well for me

I think pears soap is brilliant, if you want a basic cleanser, it does dry a little, but it oil free and non-cogmodemic, ive never experienced a break out with it, i have always used it and use a brush at the same time to exoflate, worked for me.

Thanks for all the replies people :D

I'm not too worried about it being too drying, cos I can always just pile on a load of moisturiser. I was more worried about breaking out from it and stuff. Thanks for the input y'all! :cool:

Well I found it extremeley drying and harsh on my skin, the whole time I was using it I felt it would have been better as a soap for my body, but some peoples skin can take it. I doubt it would break you out though.

I reccommed

1. Valderma Soap (available from most chemists- boots, superdrug, some independent ones)

2. Simple soap (available from nearly all chemists!)

These are both very good, non drying, and don't break you out! Hope this helps! :)

I don't like soap at all, no matter which brand! But I live in CH, and the water is really hard here. For removing makeup (I usually just wear Maybelline Great Lash mascara, and maybe a bit of concealer and powder), i LURRRVE dove!!! And for exfoliating, nothing beats Lush's Ocean Salt (if you're not too broke out, otherwise it stings like a mo-fo)

I've found Dettol's moisturising soap to be better than Pears; give that a go

I've actually given that a go quite some time a go!

I think I'm gona give both a go! No harm trying :lol:

Cheers for all the responses people! :cool: